Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner August 2015

Quirky cover bands in the north west (Lancashire/Merseyside/Greater Manchester)

weddingshells, 8 of February of 2015 at 18:07 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi,

I'm getting married on a campsite in August 2015 in Lancashire, and I'm struggling to find an affordable fun cover band that fits in with our slightly quirky theme. Ideally I'd like a band that puts a bit of a twist on modern songs e,g, a vintage/gypsy/jazzy spin on things. I've tried and failed to get Ukebox (they were already booked), and bands such as The Gypsy Tones seem too expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

5 replies

Latest activity by weddingshells, 9 of February of 2015 at 13:37
  • soraneko
    Beginner June 2016
    soraneko ·
    • Hide content

There are a few sites that have bands that are willing to travel such as Warble and alivenetwork but it depends on how much you're planning on spending? Hope that helps a little!

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

I booked our singer through warble.

id have a look on there

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

We are having the baghdaddies at our wedding, they're based in Newcastle but may travel. They do their own music rather than covers but very danceable, fun and definitely gypsy. Check them out, some videos of them at gigs/ festivals etc on youTube.

• W
    Beginner August 2015
    weddingshells ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone. Is there any way of avoiding agencies, as I'm pretty certain that route's going to be much more expensive than approaching a band directly. Or do I just have to suck it up?

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Do you know people in bands? If so, it's worth putting out a call on facebook and asking people to share. I know lots of people in the local scene (bands, DJs, promoters etc) so I think if it were me I'd try that Smiley smile

• W
    Beginner August 2015
    weddingshells ·
    • Hide content

My lovely husband-to-be is chatting to his musically-minded friends to see if they have any connections there, but I'm trying to make sure we cover all our bases. There's a lot of same-sounding cover bands out there, and as we're going for a slightly alternative wedding in general, it would be nice to find a band that fitted in with this theme. Obviously this makes things trickier to come by!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics