Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner November 2002

radio 1 changing tracks

sydney, 28 May, 2009 at 14:55 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 9

Anyone listen to jo whiley today, i loved the changing track but didnt catch who it was and its doing my head in, anyone know who it was by? something along lines of stay with me don't go to sleep....??

9 replies

Latest activity by kjfc100, 28 May, 2009 at 20:57
  • kjfc100
    Beginner August 2008
    kjfc100 ·
    • Hide content

I didn't hear it but I suspect it was DJ Ironik - Stay with Me. Lovely song, shame about the rubbish MCing over the top! It's on Youtube if you're looking for it.

I suspect there's an original version somewhere around without the additions from DJ Ironik.

• S
    summer baby ·
    • Hide content

My initial thought was Snow Patrol and Chasing Cars... I love that track

https://lyricalwisdom.wordpress.com/2006/09/18/would-you-lie-with-me-and-just-forget-the-world/

• S
    Beginner November 2002
    sydney ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, have found it and it was dj ironik but it was the live lounge version so not as chav! unfortunately don't think its avaliable anywhere to download.

• kjfc100
    Beginner August 2008
    kjfc100 ·
    • Hide content

It's on the third Radio 1 Live Lounge Album. It's well worth buying as the rest of the album is also pretty good.

• barongreenback
    Beginner September 2004
    barongreenback ·
    • Hide content

I hate hate hate this feature (as well as hating Whiley). To me it always sounds like the following:

'Well in 2006 all members of my family were killed in a freak nuclear accident and then the following morning my dog disappeared up it's own arsehole after eating the cat and the contents of my freezer. I was made redundant, my husband left me and I had to have my left leg amputated. Then I heard Take That on the radio and everything was better after that'. Vileness.

• penguin1977
    Beginner
    penguin1977 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? ?

• S
    Beginner November 2002
    sydney ·
    • Hide content

Hee hee, you can't beat simon bates doing his version. It is so cheesy and cringy and every story does kind of have a similar ring to it.

Thanks for the info about the live loung album, although i want to find the original now without the awful mcing on.

• HeidiHole
    Beginner October 2003
    HeidiHole ·
    • Hide content

Everything is always better after hearing Take That, Baron. Duh ?

• kjfc100
    Beginner August 2008
    kjfc100 ·
    • Hide content

I found another version of it which may well be the original. It's called written in the stars and it's by... wait for it.... Westlife ? which is either better or worse than DJ Ironik depending on your personal taste. It seems like there's only a little sample taken from it though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics