Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner June 2014

RAF Wedding

jenilee, 23 January, 2013 at 11:45

Posted on Planning 45

Hi there. This is my first time on the forum section of Hitched. My H2B and I are planning a small (as small as I can make it coming from a huge family) wedding and was wondering if anyone else is planning a RAF or any Forces wedding at the moment. We plan to marry 14th June 2014. Looking for any...

Hi there.

This is my first time on the forum section of Hitched. My H2B and I are planning a small (as small as I can make it coming from a huge family) wedding and was wondering if anyone else is planning a RAF or any Forces wedding at the moment.

We plan to marry 14th June 2014. Looking for any advice, share of ideas and general chit chat to anyone who is going to be/already is or knows somebody that is a Military Wife.

45 replies

• J
    Beginner June 2014
    jenilee ·
    • Hide content

OH's name is Tweed.

xx

• L
    Beginner March 2013
    lumc86 ·
    • Hide content

He said he thinks he knows who he is!

I agree about the cold rooms! I did hate staying in the mess at Wittering - lovely looking building but really bloody cold, and did not love having to traipse down the corridor to go to the loo/have a shower!

xxx

• J
    Beginner June 2014
    jenilee ·
    • Hide content

My OH is lucky. He's in one of the new blocks with en-suite. Still makes no difference to the heating though :-) What your OH's name?!?

My man is hanging out of a window at the moment trying to get enough signal to send a txt. He always suffers where he training there.

xx

• H
    Beginner July 2013
    HAG13 ·
    • Hide content

I'm a soon to be RAF wifey! At the moment he's not wearing his Number 1's though

• L
    Beginner March 2013
    lumc86 ·
    • Hide content

En suite!? Thats not fair! No rushing up the corridor in your towel hoping you dont run in to any random men!!?

• J
    Beginner June 2014
    jenilee ·
    • Hide content

Ha! God no had that problem years ago a uni a boyfriend lived in different halls. So once again spent all the time at mine as I had a 'pod' bathroom in my room.

Hi Hag13 - Whens the wedding?!?

I'm saying night ladies. Will check back in tomorrow :-)

xx

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is a lovely idea. He didn't wear his No.1's unfortunately which he was sad about.

Was such an amazing wedding to shoot and the Guys were a laugh!

• J
    Beginner May 2013
    Jinglebride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Pretty much ready - I'm sickeningly organised! I saw another post earlier about people with lists of lists and that really appeals! I have a complex spreadsheet to keep track of everything!

I'm hoping the sword arch is going to work - we're getting married on the Tall Ship in Glasgow and the whole thing is on the ship so I'm not quite sure how it's going to work - we might need to get off and get back on again just so we can do the sword arch thing! I'm sure we'll find a way to make it work...

Maybe you could just persuade some family members to dress up in borrowed uniforms to do the arch?! ;-)

Jx

• J
    Beginner June 2014
    jenilee ·
    • Hide content

Hi all.

I like the idea of draging family in to dress up! they would hate that :-) But its more the OH not wanting the wedding to be too milatary :-(

I'm very much a list perdon too. a list of a list is my kind of style! I think the main thing I am struggling with at the moment is chosing the photographer.

x

• L
    Beginner March 2013
    lumc86 ·
    • Hide content

I'm definately a list person! Mine seems to be getting longer, despite me crossing things off!

We're going to a wedding next month at RAF Cranwell. My OH did suggest it as a venue. Yes, its a lovely building, yes, it would be super cheap, and yes, there are plenty of rooms available for people to stay overnight - but I put my foot down. It was TOO military! The military dictates our life enough as it is already, I dont want my wedding revolving around it too. Yes it might reflect him, but not me (i got quite ranty about in case you hadnt noticed!!).

i'm happy to have a few military touches in our wedding (unifroms, guard of honour etc) but was determined that it wasnt going to take over everything.

xx

• J
    Beginner June 2014
    jenilee ·
    • Hide content

Were not at the point of crossing things off yet and just keep getting so many new ideas or seeing something I think would fit in with our wedding, that the list just gets longer ever time OH sees it. He he :-)

I'm just hoping I don't turn into a bridezilla :-)

We first thought about having the reception at Duxford Air Museum. But decided that would end up being to milatary and we wanted everything in the same place so no need to up root everyone as it is around 20-25min drive from us we felt that was too far after the ceremony .

• N
    Beginner August 2014
    NadineL ·
    • Hide content

Sorry I never saw this, yep full uniforms for him and all the grooms men. We didnt do the stationary as we wanted it to be about us and not the army.

• N
    Beginner July 2015
    natp86 ·
    • Hide content

Hi jenilee,

Where is your oh posted in the uk? Just wondering as my fiance has just gone out 2 afghan 4 6months and he is in the raf regiment? This is his first deployment so bit hard, how you finding things? X

• N
    Beginner July 2015
    natp86 ·
    • Hide content

My OH is in wittering in the regiment!! How strange ha, we shud stay in touch defo x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics