Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

samidolls
Beginner September 2015

RAGE!!!

samidolls, 6 of November of 2014 at 16:46 Posted on Planning 0 17

Not really wedding planning but I'm so angry I need to vent! My boss has just threatened to cancel my leave for when I am supposed to give notice! We have an unhappy customer coming to visit the next day. I tired to explain if Ive paid for the appointment, and if I reschedule I won't be able to get an appointment in time to meet the deadline to give notice!!

and he has just said well this issue is more important so if it isn't sorted that day then my leave is cancelled! Of course it will be sorted! If we aren't prepaired for a visit the afternoon before they come we never will be!!

i hope he is willing to pay to £3k it will cost me if I miss this appointment!!

GRRRRRRRR!!! ????

17 replies

Latest activity by MrsShep, 20 of November of 2014 at 20:36
  • R
    Beginner October 2015
    Rebeccafcr ·
    • Hide content

If it comes to worst case scenario and you are needed at work. it only takes half an hour to give notice. I only popped out of work for an hour. Can you do that?

A plan B?

P.s. your boss is being an ass!

x

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

What an complete ass

can anyone else cover for you? or could you arrange the visit for the customer to come in another day?

• Barnett2015
    Beginner April 2015
    Barnett2015 ·
    • Hide content

CALL IN SICK!

Just saying...

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

Starting to calm down a little now,

I'm sure i'll figure something out. There's no way I'm missing that appointment! Perhaps I'll just have to appeal to my other managers!

maybe people who are actually married will understand (the stupid man has like 7 children from quite a few different women, 3 women this year alone! and has never made it to marriage)

definitely can't reschedule though and i'm not sure i'd be able to make it to the appointment and back.

Its just so frustrating i booked this appointment 2 weeks ago, before anything happened at work!!!

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

So come into work this morning to be told my leave is without doubt cancelled. "its a bit unfair to you Sam but tough" were he exact words used!!!!

Then I get told mobile phones are now banned at work so I can't even fix it!

Thank god for my H2B, I managed to sneak off a text to him and he has rearranged it for early December - so we will still make the deadline! phew!!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I think that is absolutely disgusting! So glad you've managed to reschedule though. Sounds like you need to start making a note of things your boss does/says, he could get himself into trouble acting like that.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Well, it is worth checking your company's policy on cancelling already-booked leave. This happens to my H2B all the time, he ended up having to go into work on both his own and my birthday.

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Thats a joke, can you go above his head and speak to someone else, id do it just to try and drop him in it lol

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

If only I could! I work for a very small company, and therefore my boss who cancelled my leave is a company director- there's not really another level to go to!

But it I am definitely going to check about the policy for cancelling leave! Hopefully come December as our appointment is 9:30am there shouldn't be a problem!!

the joys of working whilst trying to plan a wedding!!!!

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

The friggin b*****d customer has now cancelled the visit to try reschedule to come early December.

Did i mention that our new appointment is 3rd December!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGHHHHHHH

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Argh! Tell your boss (or the customer if you're dealing directly with them) that it can't be booked for the 3rd Dec as you've already re-arranged once! Don't let them do that to you again!

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

It's nothing to do with your boss what you use your holiday for, sounds like he just doesn't think it's important. If he tries to cancel your next day off tell him it's an urgent hospital appointment that can't be missed!

• S
    Beginner April 2015
    Spring Bride 85 ·
    • Hide content

Wow! Your boss sounds delightful. Hope you don't get messed around too much more and hope the customer arranges for after the 3rd!

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

Can you see if your original appointment is still free, or has the date passed?

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

This is almost too crazy to be true.

The customer rearranged to come in tomorrow (21/11), and today rang at 2pm to cancel.

It has been rearranged for Wednesday 3rd December. They will be in from 9am until 3pm minimum.

Did I mention our new appointment was 9:30 on 3rd December!!!!!

Thankfully my boss has finally come to his senses and is allowing me to take the leave!!

I know planning a wedding is supposed to be stressful, but I didn't think it was work that would make it stressful!!! Please tell me it's not just my life that is this crazy!!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

You couldn't make it up! Dear me, i'm glad you are at least still off! Customer can't be that bothered if it's taking this long to sort things out!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics