Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

hollyhollytree
Beginner September 2016

Rain!!!! ??

hollyhollytree, 30 of August of 2016 at 11:23 Posted on Planning 0 14

I know it's the one thing that you really can't control but the forecast for our wedding on Saturday is rain and I'm just so upset Smiley sad we have planned an outdoor ceremony in this really beautiful, unique location and it's just not going to happen. We do have a backup place to have the ceremony but it's just plain and boring. I'm looking outside at the beautiful sunshine and looking at everyone's wedding flashes with the sun shining on them and I'm just so disappointed.

I know this is a silly thing to rant about as it just can't be helped but arrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!

14 replies

Latest activity by 2016bridetobe, 10 of September of 2016 at 22:05
  • Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Oh no! A lot can change in a few days though with weather forecasts though, believe me (this comes from an obsessive weather watcher in the weeks before Glastonbury each year), & there's always a chance it'll be less than you were expecting - are we talking showers or torrential rain forecast all day?

• hollyhollytree
    Beginner September 2016
    hollyhollytree ·
    • Hide content

Forecast keeps changing. At the moment it's saying heavy rain all day. I feel sick.

• L
    Beginner April 2017
    LuxuriousOrangeStationery624 ·
    • Hide content

How is your forecast looking today? My phone app has upgraded Saturday to just a grey cloud - no raindrops. Fingers crossed for you!

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

I'm camping this weekend & happy to take one for the team & have rain all weekend if it means you get a dry one! ?

• hollyhollytree
    Beginner September 2016
    hollyhollytree ·
    • Hide content

Yesterday it wasn't looking quite so bad but today it's upgraded to rain. All bloody day. I keep trying to stay positive but I can't stop thinking about it. I've got this knot in my tummy all the time and I just feel sick.

I know that at the end of the day I'll still be married, I'll still have a wedding. It's just not going to be the wedding I dreamed of, not the one that I've been imagining.

Aw thank you Chapples!

• L
    Beginner June 2018
    Lilacbouquet ·
    • Hide content

Even though it is outside this time of year the sun often peaks through.

Why don't you get some fancy umberellas? You can get some lovely ones such as white and lacy for you or comical for guests such as close family. You can treat it like a photo booth type occasion as well as a wedding! You can get any bridesmaids or wedding guests to stand in a row and peek out behind you flourishing their brollies out to the side and yours at a jaunty angle? You can get pics of guests pretending to poke people in the bum with the tip of a brollie or pretend to 'whack' someone over the head (great bride/groom pic).

Thank you google to the pics:

Google image it there is lots of inspiration! I googles rainy wedding to get the above photos!!

It is an important day, our feelings are with you. Try and have a back up plan like brollies to lighten the atmosphere and make it enjoyable even if it does rain. It might even make you feel better ?

• L
    Beginner April 2017
    LuxuriousOrangeStationery624 ·
    • Hide content

It was meant to rain a lot last Saturday but I was sat in the garden most of the day apart from two 10 minute drops. I reckon the sun will poke his head through more than you think!

• hollyhollytree
    Beginner September 2016
    hollyhollytree ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone. Those rainy wedding photos are amazing. At the moment all I'm hoping is that the wind doesn't pick up and that the rain isn't constant. Forecast still not looking great but I'm just going to have to get wet. Luckily we have the most beautiful manor house for our venue and only a couple of hours of the day were planned for outside. Also most guests are staying at the venue for the night so we can all nip back to our rooms to redo makeup and use hair straighteners!

Ive got lots of umbrellas! And there will be outdoor photos no matter what xxx

• L
    Beginner June 2018
    Lilacbouquet ·
    • Hide content

That's the spirit! Sounds lovely, please post photos and give us an update when you can!

Good luck!

• S
    Beginner September 2016
    SH2bSM ·
    • Hide content

Hello date twin ? I hear you, I'm feeling quite sad too. But I'm keeping in mind what my photographer said to me- it never ever rains non stop all day in this country. I guess once the day begins the magic of the day will make us forget the silly weather.

xx

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Fingers crossed for you both it doesn't rain all day but if you get a shower rush out for some gorgeous rain pics. I love my pics where it's snowing ?

• L
    Beginner June 2018
    Lilacbouquet ·
    • Hide content

How did the wedding go? We had small showers on Saturday but nothing major.

Have you got any photos?

• D
    Beginner September 2016
    donkey86 ·
    • Hide content

I'd love to hear how it went. I'm in the same boat as the forecast for this Saturday is for rain all day Smiley sad I know it'll still be a lovely day, but I can't help be a bit disappointed!

Beginner August 2016
    2016bridetobe ·
    • Hide content

I felt the same in the run up to our day and it did rain. Do you know what, I didn't care at all on the day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics