Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

chloe24
Beginner June 2014

Rain forecast for Sunday :-(

chloe24, 25 of June of 2014 at 07:59 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi everyone, I, getting married on Sunday and feeling slightly gutted that we have rain forecast after all this lovely weather we have had. Has anyone else here had rain on their wedding day and did it really affect it? I don't know whether to get some large umbrellas just incase. My oh says not to worry as it shouldn't rain all day, I'm just now panicking that it will and I won't get the photos iv been dreaming of.

X

12 replies

Latest activity by Sarah_88, 25 of June of 2014 at 21:49
  • H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Rain can be just as romantic as sun in the photos. A friend from school ended up with rain on her day, and they still went galavanting on the beach etc.with a massive brolly and they got some incredible photos from it. The brolly wasnt in every shot, just when it was particularly heavy rain. I know you may be disappointed, but give your tog a ring, discuss the rain and let he/she put your mind at ease. Remember, it wont be raining every minute of the day, so you will have dry spells for outside :-)

• Lightworks Photography
    Lightworks Photography ·
    • Hide content

In terms of atmosphere some of the best weddings I have ever photographed have been when it rained! It gives everyone something to talk about and can be great fun. Your photographs might be a bit different from what you were imagining but they will still be great and still be a record of your special day. It very rarely rains for the whole day, particularly at this time of year and you will probably be able to get outside and have some outdoor photographs at some point - if not don't panic, it will be what it will be and will be lovely whatever!

i hope you have a fantastic day!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

There's already been some great advice above, but just another voice to echo what's been said.

I know worrying about the weather is easier said than done, but you really will have an amazing day regardless ?

The picture in my sig was from a fairly cold, wet and miserable (weather wise!) January wedding but that doesn't stop you being able to get some lovely photos together.

Personally, i'd take some umbrellas simply because it gives you a few more options. It may not rain ALL day, but it could possibly be raining at any points where the lighting is otherwise lovely, or when you get a spare 5 minutes to nip outside.

Good luck on Sunday, fingers crossed for a beautiful day all round!

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

Married last month, and our weather forecast was awful 4 days before the wedding. We had sun all day. The forecast got fairly accurate about 24 hours beforehand only, before that it was just plain wrong. BBC Met Office forecast btw.

Defo have some umbrellas just in case, as you'll still get great photos in the rain as everyone else said. Plan for the worst, and if you get some sun it'll be a nice happy addition to the day!

• MartinC Photography
    MartinC Photography ·
    • Hide content

It's very rare for it to rain the entire day. So as long as you have your photographer with you all day then it could be a case of just being a bit more flexible and doing the photos as soon as the weather breaks.

A few weeks ago we had absolutely TORRENTIAL rain forecast all day. Sure enough in the morning it was tipping it down. But by the afternoon the rain had gone and by early evening it was like summer again. As soon as it stopped we did the couples portrait straight away in case it rained again since group photos we can take over a room and do them there if need be.

Lastly a good photographer will have experience on taking amazing photos in the rain too. There's a few I've been dying to try out but so far it's not rained enough on any of my wedding days to be able to do it.

• alabastamasta
    Beginner May 2014
    alabastamasta ·
    • Hide content

We had torrential rain and freezing temps forecast for our day, until a day or so before. The day before was so wet the marquee started to leak. Our day? Perfect, sunny skies. The day after? Rain again

You just can't tell what will happen until it's happening: the joy of British weather!

I'm sure you will have a wonderful day, whatever the weather x

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sarah_88 ·
    • Hide content

My sister had rain on her wedding day in August 2007. It did not spoil the day, the group pictures were done inside the church after the ceremony

Like others have said, rain will not ruin the day, you may be able to get shots down outside using umbrellas, and who knows the forecast may not be accurate yet

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Don't worry I had a very wet wedding day (rained heavily most of the day apart from evening) and well still had lovely photographs (and a rainbow)

Get a pretty pair of Wellington boots ask ushers to bring umbrellas and it will all be wonderful

this is a link so you can see just how wet my wedding was

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/198178.aspx?PageIndex=

there are lots of wet wedding shots in it plus some taken when it stopped (during the wedding breakfast).

Have a word with your photographer in advance to ease your mind we got some outside shots while raining with aid of best man umbrella and doorways

and here's a taster of how wet it was (and because of the rain and cloud we got some lovely sunset shots when the rain took a break)

• chloe24
    Beginner June 2014
    chloe24 ·
    • Hide content

I love your pictures drifter. I'm feeling much better after all your lovely comments thank you!

Fingers crossed! I'm sitting here with butterflies ?

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Chole 24 I can honestly say rain didn't spoil my day one bit and it made for a great atmosphere. I thought I was going to hate my wedding photos but the wet weather really made them in the end.

What ever the weather you will have a wonderful day and photos

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sarah_88 ·
    • Hide content

Drifter I just read your wedding report- what a fab report you did! I loved reading it and it looked like a wonderful day

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics