Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner April 2016

Rainbow shoes?

Pooba, 30 of July of 2015 at 17:07 Posted on Planning 0 23

Quick question: has anyone bought 'Rainbow' shoes for their wedding? The bridal shop I got my dress from stock them and I tried some on during my fitting. They were comfortable (for the 20 minutes or so I was wearing them for) but too high for me. They did have a shoe with a slightly smaller heel, but at ~£90 they'll be the most expensive shoes I've ever had (other than walking boots Smiley tongue). Comfort is the most important thing for me and as I don't wear heels very often, I'm wary of spending so much on a pair of shoes I'm likely to only wear once.

Just want to know if anyone's used them and how they fared?

Thanks Smiley smile

23 replies

Latest activity by carrotbroc, 14 of August of 2015 at 12:22
  • S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

Do you mean Rainbow Club? They're really comfy, but like you I didn't want to pay loads for them, so I got the style I wanted for £30 including postage on eBay - brand new, in the box and arrived quickly.

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

I have some Smiley smile They're lovely and I find them a good heel height and really comfy. I bought shoe clips to go on them and they're perfect!

Keep an eye on john lewis sale in case they come down in price Smiley smile

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, yes, Rainbow Club. I was going by memory!

Reminder to self: check name of brand before writing about them.

Good call on ebay. May have to do some hunting down...

• C
    Beginner September 2015
    Chocolatelulu25 ·
    • Hide content

I've just bought some - a style called 'patsy' ? like you, I originally didn't want to pay loads of money for them and at £75 they are the most expensive ever! I would say they are very worth it and are my 3rd pair of wedding shoes! The first 2 were from the high street but I had to change to a wider shoe/lower heel (no more than 2 inches max) due to the back/feet problems I'm currently experiencing.

My advice would be to go on Rainbow Club's website and have a look around - their premium comfort range is really good and has a memory foam layer on the ball of the foot to help stop burning and unlike high street and other brands (like Pink by Paradox London) they all have a cotton lining around the inside of the shoe to help stop painful rubbing/blisters.

Their website is also helpful as they will tell you the exact heel height of the shoes and if you have a John Lewis near you they are really helpful and will show you the catalogue of shoes vs heel height to compare against.

You may be able to find some in the sales but their website could be cheaper. HTH x

• C
    Beginner September 2015
    Chocolatelulu25 ·
    • Hide content

I've just bought some - a style called 'patsy' ? like you, I originally didn't want to pay loads of money for them and at £75 they are the most expensive ever! I would say they are very worth it and are my 3rd pair of wedding shoes! The first 2 were from the high street but I had to change to a wider shoe/lower heel (no more than 2 inches max) due to the back/feet problems I'm currently experiencing.

My advice would be to go on Rainbow Club's website and have a look around - their premium comfort range is really good and has a memory foam layer on the ball of the foot to help stop burning and unlike high street and other brands (like Pink by Paradox London) they all have a cotton lining around the inside of the shoe to help stop painful rubbing/blisters.

Their website is also helpful as they will tell you the exact heel height of the shoes and if you have a John Lewis near you they are really helpful and will show you the catalogue of shoes vs heel height to compare against.

You may be able to find some in the sales but their website could be cheaper. HTH x

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I've never had this brand, but here is another site to checkout and price compare:

http://www.elegantsteps.co.uk/wedding-shoes/shopby/brand_rainbow-club/

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Really appreciate all of your help, everyone! Going to check out the nearest John Lewis to me over the weekend and see what I can find.

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from debenhams, a 80quid pair for 30quid, i actually didnt find them comfortable but then again I dont really find shoes that comfortable at the best of times

• M
    Beginner July 2016
    marie75 ·
    • Hide content

I also. Got a brand new in box pair from ebay for £17 including postage, they are perfect and really comfy, worth keeping an eye on ebay x

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Again, thanks all for your help. I actually ordered some online this weekend so waiting eagerly to see what they're like and how comfy they are. I have just over 8 months to break them in properly, so fingers crossed!

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

So my shoes arrived... and they've come up too small Smiley sad

I'm a size 4-5 (depending on the type of shoe) and the shoes I tried on in the shop were a 5 and too big. Thought I'd be safe ordering a size 4, but they're slightly too small. I really like them, so think I will try to break them in and 'stretch' them.

Anyone have any tips on stretching shoes out without a) ruining the shoe and b) ruining my toes?

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wear them round the house with socks on. Looks weird but I've always found it to work!

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, I made a start on that last night. I also read that (with trainers...!) you can use a hairdryer on the parts of the shoe that are tightest while wearing them with socks - I tried this last year and it actually worked a treat.

Just a bit too scared to try that with nice shoes like these Smiley tongue

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsJ2016 ·
    • Hide content

Rainbow Club do half sizes so it might be worth trying a 4.5 instead. I usually take a size 5 but when I was trying some on at the weekend I needed a 5.5.

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Hi, MrsJ2016. I saw on the website they do half sizes but I got mine from ebay and I'm too lazy to try sell them back and try find another pair. It may get to the point where I'm fighting a losing battle and thankfully I have enough time to make a decision later in the year - maybe pick some others up at a cheaper price in a sale - but for now, I want to try and fix the ones I have.

Just really annoying; I thought they were going to be perfect Smiley sad

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine are a little tight on one foot, I got a wooden shoe stretcher from Amzon and it's worked a treat. i was worried about the hair dryer trick on mine too.

This is the one I went for

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GLQRSU2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the link, jen-lou. So it actually worked? How long did you leave the stretcher in the shoe?

My biggest worry are my toes - the shoes have a pointed edge and my big toe is rammed in at the end on both feet. Do you reckon something like this would work for that?

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

It has worked I need to do it a little longer/ more on one foot but id rather take my time with it than rush it. I have a problem with one of my toes and wanted to make a bit more space for it so I put the bunion adapter on the stretcher and made more space for it that way. i'd leave it for 24 hours, try it and then stretch it a bit more if I need to I also put a sock over it just in case ?.

I think it will give you more room, but I guess it depends how pointy they are. mine aren't too pointy but i've definitely got more room than when I bought them.

They aren't bad to wear now, just every now and again I will stick a thick pair of socks on and wear them when im doing bits round the house. Sorry, did you say what ones you went with?

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

[View:https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rainbow+club+britt&biw=1920&bih=927&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIx_DqsoOmxwIV7gfbCh0iPQkk#imgrc=rfNwNk6xxghUfM::550:0]

Went for these ones - Britt. I had another pair on for most of my dress appointment, but the heels were way too high. At least I can actually stand and walk in Britt!

I think I'll carry on with the whole breaking them in with socks on for the next few months and try to mould them to my feet. If that fails, I'll bite the bullet and get your shoe stretcher. As I said before, I'm thankful I have enough time to play around with ideas and if it's getting a bit close to the mark... I'll just get another (larger) pair!

Thanks so much for your help Smiley smile

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Gah, sorry. Still getting to grips with inserting images and this doesn't seem to have worked. Boo hiss.

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These ones...

Theyve got a similar toe shape to mine so the stretcher did help. I hate having sore feet that's why I got the shoe stretcher, I hate breaking shoes in.

Yeah the joys of still having time on our side hey. Well fingers crossed they will give a bit so you can wear them.

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsSDtobe ·
    • Hide content

One other option re:streching - I used to work in a cobblers, and they did shoe stretching there. Wasn't overly expensive either - they could get most shoes to stretch by up to 1 size. So if you have any cobblers in your area could be worth an ask?

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

So as well as an ineptitude to posting images, I don't know how to quote people in my replies, so will respond separately!

Jen-lou - interesting that your shoes have a similar toe shape and the shoe stretcher worked on them. As I said, I'll see how I get on but certainly bear that in mind!

MrsSDtobe - I hadn't even thought of going to a cobblers! Good plan, certainly another thing to consider later down the line.

Thanks both for your help Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner August 2015
    carrotbroc ·
    • Hide content

I wore Rainbow club shoes at my wedding 2 weeks ago and wore them all day and night with no problems.

I am a size 4-5 but had to buy a 5.5 so they def do come up small!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics