Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Little Madam
Beginner

Random: How do I stick diamante's to my shoes, with what kind of glue?

Little Madam, 15 November, 2010 at 09:47 Posted on Planning 0 14

I have these shoes which were a complete bargain, and so i've decided I am going to try and customise them by putting diamante's on the heel and peep toe and by replacing the bow.

Anyone who has done this - what glue do I use that is strong enough but not too strong, I was thinking clear drying superglue but I know how fiddly the diamanate's are and don't want to get my fingers stuck together!

Thanks in advance

14 replies

Latest activity by mrsdagg2b, 12 December, 2011 at 20:15
  • Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I can't say thank you enough times Starstruck. I nearly ruined a nice pair of shoes! Pheew.. I shall order now.

Thank-you!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Wow those panels sound just like the kind of thing my step mom would adore.

I am going to use it sensibly and take the customising very slowly.. I do have 9 months afterall, that way, they may make me proud.

• D
    Beginner
    design-elegance.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

I used some hot fix crystals & hotwand Plenty on Ebay. I did my own and they looked fab Smiley smile Simply held them in place with tweezers and then you put the a hot gun onto them and they melt the glue inplace.

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

It might not be so good for really small ones, but I swear by 3M double sided tape.

Its stronger than most glues. If you want to take that route make sure you buy 3M brand.

Its great for all kinds of fabrics, leather and plastics. I use it all the time when glue either fail through lack of strength or react with one of the materials.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I was naughty and used superglue! Didn't have any problems with it tho, squeezed some out onto card and then carefully used a combo of tweezers and cocktails sticks!

• QueenBee
    Beginner November 2008
    QueenBee ·
    • Hide content

I say gem tac too, i've glued thousands of swarovskis onto over 20 pairs of shoes now using this glue and its fabulous.

go for swarovski crystals though for max bling, other crystals just don't come up to scratch.

• M
    Beginner
    milly312 ·
    • Hide content

Pieces of Proposals to Select Wedding Dresses
    Get Ready Fast & Quick and Easy Ways for 2011 New Wedding Dress taffeta bridesmaid dresses Most Satisfying Gifts In Fall and Winter This YearYou May Overlook These When Pick beautiful wedding dresses.The Highest Gift of Long Sleeved Evening Dresses Come out, Get one Piece!Direction of Fashion Mistakes Even Smart Zoe Saldana Make with Evening Dresses for Wedding Guest Hey! How Can You Ignore Fashionable Long Sleeved Evening Dresses?The Reasons Why Scarlett Johansson Choose wedding dresses 2011 The Most Magnificent Evening Dresses for Wedding Guest Are Offerred, Go to Have a Look!Fall's Most Magnificent demetrios bridal gown LuxuryWhat's New? Embellishments of Red Evening Dress Are Introduced in Riga.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Well, my crystals came and were not the kind of size I was expecting.

I am wanting something the same kind of size MrsC has - can anyone give me a link to buy some, or some idea at what to google?

Thanks

• Made By Debbie Howe
    Dedicated
    Made By Debbie Howe ·
    • Hide content

I always get mine from ebay, hope this link works.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110372449553

They are swarovski and so give a lovely shine and not too big.

• C
    Beginner December 2012
    clauds85 ·
    • Hide content

Hi girls!

I would love to give this a go...how many crystals do you think i'd need to do the heels and maybe a bit over the front? haven't seen any shoes i like yet.... :-/

• S
    Beginner December 2012
    Sarah-Jayne x ·
    • Hide content

I think a strong glue like super glue would be ok really. I think the only problem I find with glues like that is that they're stringy so sometimes if your not careful you can end up getting glue in places you don't want and definitely a tool to pick them up is a must or your fingers will be in a mess!

Depending on how much you want to spend out, if you want to use real Swarovski crystals you could get the hotfix ones and invest in a hotfix gun, but if your not going to use it again its probably not worth it (the gun costs around £25-£30). The tool is great as it picks up the diamantes and melts the glue on the other side so it halves the amount of time but it does still take ages! Also just to point out there is a huge difference in price between standard diamante gemstones and Swarovski.

Heres one that I've done with a hotfix gun & Swarovskis, theres around 400 on this.

• mrsdagg2b
    Beginner December 2012
    mrsdagg2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm halfway through doing mine at the moment and I'm using UHU glue from hobbycraft! Using a toothpick and it's working a treat for me so far! Good luck! It takes a lot of patience...!!

?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics