Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner January 2008

Random Question about table sizes

niche79, 18 May, 2010 at 22:49 Posted on Planning 0 5

I am having round tables, that seat between 8 and 10 and want to decorate it with ribbons lay in a cross, like this (not with those centrepieces though and with just one colour ribbon):

Does anyone have any idea how wide across the average 8 seater round table is ? I am not sure how much ribbon I will need to go across the table and drape down, I was thinking maybe about 2.5 mtrs per strip, does this sound about right do you think ??

Thanks in advance for any help, N x

5 replies

Latest activity by niche79, 19 May, 2010 at 11:06
  • SarinaCain
    Beginner March 2011
    SarinaCain ·
    • Hide content

I cant help but I must say I love this idea...Im wondering if it would work with my red and gold theme or look like a restaurant lol

It looks soo pretty in those colours!

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    lilsparkle ·
    • Hide content

Our venue said that an 8 seater round table is 5ft in diameter and a 10 seater round table is 6ft in diameter, hope this helps!

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

As far as I know, tables which comfortably seat 10 people are usually 6 foot across.

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

I would have thought your's would be 5ft. Our's are 5ft, and some people did have 10, but 8 is better - we're having 8.

We're also having ribbon across, but just one strip rather than a cross, and we're allowing 2.5m to allow it space to hang down and go across. We got our ribbon from John Lewis and it's Organza which means it's partially see through - they do lots of different types though and their rolls are 5m so you can just cut them in half.

• snap
    Beginner June 2011
    snap ·
    • Hide content

Can you not ask your venue? or go and measure them yourself?

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the help guys, sounds like 2.5 mtrs was a good guess !!

The wedding planner at my venue is a bit useless, so she probably wouldnt know and I dont really want to go up there as I am not getting married until next year so they are concentrating on this summers weddings at the moment and I dont want them thinking I am a bridezilla. I just wanted an idea of size so I can keep my eye out for any bargain ribbon in sales and things.

Much appreciated xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics