Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

GeordieBarbie
Beginner May 2010

Random Question Alert!

GeordieBarbie, 4 February, 2010 at 13:47 Posted on Planning 0 11

OK, here's probably the most bizarre question ever... ?

I'm not getting married until 4.00pm so plan on having breakfast as late as possible in the morning. But, a lesson learnt from my friends wedding I want to get some sandwiches and nibbles, etc for in the room while i'm getting ready so that if I get hungry (or anyone does) we have somehting to eat (cheaper and easier than room service...)

So here's my random quesiton...

If I buy pre-packed sandwiches on Friday evening from M&S, will they be OK on Saturday considering they probably won't be in a fridge?? ? or should I pick some up on Saturday morning?

D's got me working on the itinerary at the mo so there is some though process in there honest! ?

11 replies

Latest activity by Houdini, 4 February, 2010 at 14:29
  • Mrs Tonner 2010
    Beginner June 2010
    Mrs Tonner 2010 ·
    • Hide content

Send someone on a subway run lol

• B
    Beginner May 2010
    bethsmith123 ·
    • Hide content

I think they would be fine!! most the use by dates are not real anyway!! perhaps just to be cautious put them in the coldest area like near the window if there is one!! : )

• B
    Beginner May 2010
    bethsmith123 ·
    • Hide content

Ooo the cool bag is a great idea!!

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Unfortunatley a cool bag won't work as I'll be in the hotel from Thursday evening (driving there after work so they'll be well and truely melted!) ?

Hmm - maybe Saturday is better. Just thought with it being Saturday it'd be a nightmare...

• B
    Beginner May 2010
    bethsmith123 ·
    • Hide content

There may be a sandwich shop in the town that could perhaps deliver to the hotel in the morning?! might be worth looking into it! to save you worrying!! xx

• B
    Beginner May 2010
    bethsmith123 ·
    • Hide content

Or do u think their maybe a mini bar in your room?! you could use the fridge! xx

• Mel B
    Beginner
    Mel B ·
    • Hide content

Sarnies bought friday will be fine, but you might prefere them fresh on Saturday, but, will the sarnie gofer have time to go and get them on Saturday?

• K
    Beginner May 2011
    kaz9274 ·
    • Hide content

You could get freshly made ones on the Friday and put them in a cool bag like a soft packed lunch box thingy (oh I cant remember what u call them dhoo!) and place them in a cold part of the room!x

• delvesje
    Super November 2010
    delvesje ·
    • Hide content

I think they would keep o.k. I would stay clear of prawns and mayonaise if not kept in a fridge though.x

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Can you do a yell.com search for takeaway type restaurants near your hotel? Then you can send someone out to a place nearby to pick some bits up. Or check for supermarkets / M&S type places.

I know I stand no chance whatsoever of eating on the morning! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics