Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner April 2016

Random...teapigs

MrsRees2B, 5 of February of 2015 at 21:25 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 27

Has anyone tried teapigs tea? I've fallen in love with it! But at £4.20 a box it's stupidly expensive!

27 replies

Latest activity by MrsRees2B, 7 of February of 2015 at 20:39
  • pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

No I haven't, where do you buy that from??? X

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

You can buy it from their website. I've seen it in tesco and waitrose but not asda. I'm currently eyeing up a mixed box of 12 different flavours but it's £15! Wonder if I can convince OH it will make me feel better to have it.....

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Haha, I was watching eat well for less last week and they did a taste test, people really weren't impressed with tea pigs, weren't really bothered about pg tips either, tesco own brand tea won! It's crazy expensive! I spotted it in a shopping mall last weekend but can't remember which shop

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

Mrs shep I like the crazy flavour herbal ones. Nothing really special about normal tea tbh. I really fancy the mint chocolate...

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Yeah we love Teapigs in this house!

Last Christmas we both bought each other the £15 box. Quite amusing on Christmas Day!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I always find these flavoured teas smell much better than they taste. I end up putting a sweetener in to give them some flavour which kind of defeats the point.

• Arpee
    Beginner August 2016
    Arpee ·
    • Hide content

We drink teapigs tea sometimes - we have some of their everyday brew for when we fancy a not-so-everyday brew, and I bought H2B the £15 box for his birthday once, so we could try lots of different flavours.

Their peppermint tea is very good, and I also like popcorn tea and chilli chai. Silver tips white tea tastes of nothing whatsoever.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

Yes, love it! We discovered it when planning our afternoon tea for our wedding, and use their everyday brew as our standard tea, we don't drink vast amounts of tea at home so don't get through it too quickly so it's not too expensive. It's not as strong as standard teabags and takes longer to brew because it's whole leaf rather than powdered, but it's a really nice subtle flavour, I think. We have a few of the others, but I'm not really a fan of Earl Grey in general and rarely think to have green tea. The chai one is quite nice.

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

I am very disappointed that this thread is not about actual pigs. ?

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have to say - i did click not realising it wasn't you who'd started this thread, hoping for a nice wee piggy* flash.

*for some reason the name Penny popped in to my head. Is that her name or have I made that up?

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

SW, close, she's Poppy. Here she is:

Ok, back to your tea!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Poppy is the name that springs to mind for me

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Lol, beaten to it by the lovely Poppy herself!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I actually think that programme is quite eye opening! People get so stuck in their ways. Did you see it yesterday with the marinated chicken?

Also, wouldn't you rather have hot chocolate than chocolate tea?

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I have to admit that food shopping is where the majority of our money goes, we love our food! She bugged me though, you seriously can't be bothered to cut carrots, or make your own chilli? The chicken really made them look daft.

Ah, ok. I have no such issues but regularly have to have the conversation of no, I don't drink hot drinks, and then get looked at/actually told I'm a weirdo. I will occasionally have a hot chocolate if the mood takes me, or a tea if I'm at my parent's and we've been out in the cold, but I'm quite sensitive to temperature and would make rather have a glass of water to be honest! I stopped drinking squash when I realised that at one third squash two thirds water, I was consuming so many unnecessary calories that it just wasn't worth it.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I have rooibos (redbush) tea - I find all the brands taste the same though. At work I have fruit tea, but that's just to save the faff of keeping soya milk here.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

H orders all sorts of weird and wonderful teas online. I do like trying them, but sometimes I just want a brew, not to taste three different types of Assam he's been tinkering with!

One of our biggest rows was when we were late for another friend's wedding, I was already in a tizz because my dress didn't fit and he went to make a cup of tea before we went. He was gone for about 15 minutes and came back with three different mugs for me to try. Looking back I can see it was a sweet gesture, he wanted to make me the nicest tea he could, but it had taken so long to make them that we didn't have time to drink them, and I ended up sobbing "I just. Want. A. Cup. Of. Tea!" He now asks if I want a specific type or if I'm happy to be surprised.

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

I'm loving all your tea stories.

Mr shep - I would rather hot chocolate but I would be the size of a whale if I drank it all day so thought lets give it a bash with chocolate tea.

• hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content

If you like teapigs, i thoroughly recommend The TeaShed tea - again can be bought online

• TwoDucks
    Beginner December 2014
    TwoDucks ·
    • Hide content

Love teapigs in this house, got the £60 mixed hamper last year but been keen on them for a few years since I recruited someone for them and they sent us some tea as a thank you. Their peppermint is the best I've ever tried, so good for reducing bloating. Also love their popcorn tea and chilli chai, and their camomile is lovely. I think all their flavours are really fresh and strong, definitely not like a lot of herbal teas I've tried - most of which I've hated!

I've got that food for less program to watch on catch up, sound like it was good.

• hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content

Whilst we're on the subject of tea, pukka's three cinnamon is delicious!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I love tea pigs. Makes me feel well posh n that.

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

I love teapigs (although not their everyday brew) and run a coffee shop where we use and sell their teas Smiley smile

If there are any that you want to sample without paying out for a whole box then send me a PM and I could probably send you a few sample bags in the mail.

I have tried most of them, the Tung Ting Oolong is my favourite (a part fermented blue tea, tastes like green but with the strength of a black) closely followed by the rhubarb and ginger Smiley smile The chocolate flake tea is really disappointing though Smiley sad

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

Glad to know I'm not the only one who likes tea pigs lol

I may take you up on that offer will see what the OH says about the taster box first lol I'm looking forward to the popcorn tea and trying the peppermint.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics