Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

cake lady
Beginner September 2012

Reading for my brother to do.

cake lady, 8 of June of 2012 at 10:24 Posted on Planning 0 11

I know there have been lots of threads about readings so sorry to do another one. My brother has agreed to do a reading for us. My OHs sister is doing the other one. As we are getting married in a Registry Office they can't be at all religious. I've looked through & read loads of suggestions on the internet but finding it hard to pick one that is funny & maybe poignant (but maybe not), not too twee & appropriate for a brother to read at his sister's wedding. He's a bit of a character so could do Spike Milligan (although they are so un-PC when you read them now) or something similar. Unfortunately, my bro has asked me to find a reading for him..

Any suggestions please? They will be gratefully received.

Thank you ?

11 replies

Latest activity by cake lady, 8 of June of 2012 at 21:44
  • xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

He never leaves the seat up by Pam Ayres ?

• cake lady
    Beginner September 2012
    cake lady ·
    • Hide content

Thanks MissyLou - I like that one. I'll have to change it round a bit though as I'm the messy one!!?

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

You're welcome! I don't know if I ended up saying but only noticed recently that you're one of my date twins!

• butterpopcorn
    Beginner April 2013
    butterpopcorn ·
    • Hide content

There's another Pam Ayres one - 'Yes, I'll Marry You' which might suit if you're the messy one! (I'm the messy one in my house!)

• cake lady
    Beginner September 2012
    cake lady ·
    • Hide content

Oh yes, we are twin dates! I'm a Lou too! Time is flying - not long now...

• cake lady
    Beginner September 2012
    cake lady ·
    • Hide content

Thanks butterpopcorn too. Seems like Pam Ayres is the one! I think I've seen that one. Is it the one that mentions a pet labrador? It would be very fitting as we have one! I'll check it out.

Thank you ?

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

I know...3 months today! Can't believe how quick it's coming around, we booked with 13 months to go!

Louise is my middle name, Missy is short for Melissa...I'm a Melissa Louise!

• cake lady
    Beginner September 2012
    cake lady ·
    • Hide content

Actually Louise is my middle name too but I've always been called by my middle name. It will confuse everyone when they call me Kathryn at our wedding ceremony! Yes, I know 3 months today. We only decided to get married in January (after 19 years so not a decision made in haste) so it's all been quite a whirlwind really but it seems like time has speeded up recently!! I noticed your info at the bottom & you are doing fantastically well. Well done - what's your secret? I've seriously got to get my head into eating less, more healthily, exercising etc now we're on a countdown!!

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Oh cool!

I thought you must have been a 'newer' bride as didn't remember seeing you around when I first joined on here! How have you found starting everything with 8 months to go? Where abouts are you based btw? Much left to do?

Ah thank you! No secret, I've just been eating less (1500kcals a day) and moving more (although not really done much exercise atm can't get motivated!) I've got quite a bit to lose so think that's why it's coming off quickly!

• cake lady
    Beginner September 2012
    cake lady ·
    • Hide content

Hi MissyLou. I'm in York & getting married locally on my OHs birthday! Think we've got the main things booked - just got the paying for it all to do. It's quite a DIY wedding so it's going to be really busy on the week or two before the wedding as I've got cakes to bake & ice & with help from a couple of friends, flowers to do. Still got favours to sort out too. I was going to make these but contemplating buying something to make life a bit easier even if it's less personal. How are you getting on? Are you getting married in Cornwall? There are some lovely places around Cornwall & Devon. My OH & I had our first holiday in Cornwall almost 19 years ago. We camped & it was glorious weather (unlike the current weather we are all experiencing). I think I need to take a leaf out of your book & just eat less. I had fitting for my dress last week & it was more snug than I remembered on first try!!?

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Oh cool! I've seen a few people getting married on their OHs birthdays (is this so they don't forget their anniversary lol) We went to a friends wedding this year and it was also his 30th birthday!

Personally I wanted to avoid mine, we decided on a September wedding but it had to be as early as possible as didn't want it close to my birthday on the 28th! 3 weeks I can handle lol

Sounds like you have everything organised then! Sometimes I think it must be good to be really busy in the lead up, keeps your mind busy too then!

We're pretty much getting there, we've still got paying for most things still to do too! We're getting married in Falmouth, Cornwall yes! Cornwall is a beautiful place! Where in Cornwall did you holiday?

I'm sure your dress will be fine! I have my fitting on the 20th July so I've got to get as much off by then as I can, hoping I can carry on though and it wont make a difference to my dress (in a bad way!)

xx

• cake lady
    Beginner September 2012
    cake lady ·
    • Hide content

We are quite organised but lots of little things to do really. We decided on OHs birthday as we wanted to go for September & thought it would be nice to tie it in. We have children & so have most of our friends so we decided that it was unlikely anyone would be on holiday just after summer hols. Plus one of my brother's moved to Australia in January & said he needed at least 6 months notice!! Thankfully he is able to come back with his wife & our little niece for a few weeks around our wedding so I'm really pleased.

OH & I went to Bideford for a few days & then to Newquay. We drove down in his old VW Beetle & our hols coincide with a VW rally in Newquay over the weekend so it was very lively. I recall family hols when I was little in a caravan in Looe. I remember the beaches being lovely & being frightened that my Dad might lose control of the car on the steep hills!!! I was only little! I also remember something about fairies or pixies coming from somewhere in Cornwall but I might have dreamt that!!??

It sounds like you are organised. I would have preferred having my dress fitted a bit nearer the date but the lady in the shop asked me to come in. She has said she can alter again if needed but it's unlikely I'll need drastic alterations. You'll need a smaller size at the rate you are going! Well done though - you are doing great ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics