Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner November 2016

Reading for Wedding....I cried! Pp

Annaangeluk2016, 29 of September of 2016 at 14:57 Posted on Planning 0 3

When we've been planning our wedding we decided against any readings as nothing we saw seemed to fit us! Everything seemed a bit overly sentimental and soppy which is not like us at all! I've read hundreds of suggested reading and had no reaction to amy of them. But as we've got further into planning I started thinking how nice it would be and it would be a perfect job for oh's daughter in law, she's a freelance editor so I knew she'd come up with something amazing. We have oh's son as best man and his 2 grandson's as ushers so it seemed a shame not to include her.

So today she emailed me what she's chosen and I burst into tears reading it! I love it and its so perfect for us! She has changed it to include his obsession with football and my love of Christmas which will amuse everyone as they know what we're like!

I can't wait to hear it read at the wedding! With waterproof mascara!!

Anna xxx

The fierce Dinosaur was trapped inside his cage of ice. Although it was cold he was happy in there. It was, after all, his cage. Then along came the Lovely Other Dinosaur. The Lovely Other Dinosaur melted the Dinosaur’s cage with kind words and loving thoughts. ‘I like this Dinosaur’, thought the Lovely Other Dinosaur. ‘Although he is fierce, he is also tender and he is funny. He is also quite clever, though I will not tell him this for now’. ‘I like this Lovely Other Dinosaur’, thought the Dinosaur. ‘She is beautiful and she is different and she smells so nice. She is also a free spirit which is a quality I much admire in a dinosaur’. ‘But he can be so distant and so peculiar at times’, thought the Lovely Other Dinosaur. ‘He is also overly fond of football. Are all Dinosaurs so overly fond of football?’ ‘But her mind skips from here to there so quickly,’ thought the Dinosaur. ‘She is also uncommonly keen on Christmas. Are all Lovely Other Dinosaurs so uncommonly keen on Christmas?’ ‘I will forgive his peculiarity and his concern for football,’ thought the Lovely Other Dinosaur. ‘For they are part of what makes him a richly charactered individual’. ‘I will forgive her skipping mind and her fondness for Christmas’, thought the Dinosaur. ‘For she fills our life with beautiful thoughts and wonderful surprises. Besides, I am not unkeen on Christmas either’. Now the Dinosaur and the Lovely Other Dinosaur are old. Look at them. Together they stand on the hill telling each other stories and feeling the warmth of the sun on their backs. And that, my friends, is how it is with love. Let us all be Dinosaurs and Lovely Other Dinosaurs together. For the sun is warm. And the world is a beautiful place.

3 replies

Latest activity by TrixieSaurus, 30 of September of 2016 at 11:58
  • P
    Beginner October 2016
    Pink Sparkle ·
    • Hide content

We are having this reading too. The original refers to being keen on shopping which is me! We were the same as you and didn't want readings for the same reasons as you but then I found this a few weeks ago and it just totally suited us and I loved it. It is lovely that OHs daughter in law personalised it for you both.

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

We had this too! We had two people read it - one from the perspective of each dinosaur. It was my OH's most emotional part of the ceremony Smiley smile Some older people didn't get it and were a bit 'why are they talking about dinosaurs' but most people loved it, and most importantly we loved it!

Beginner November 2016
    1987RAF ·
    • Hide content

This sounds like Edward Monkton. All my kitchen is Monkton and I have a lot of limited edition his artwork as well.

• TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content

We had this too! I love it! Smiley heart

I had the book sent to OH as well on the morning of the wedding (although we did say we weren't going to do wedding day gifts). I was trying to print out the reading in case my friend forgot and came across it for a few quid on amazon.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics