Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ci
Beginner May 2024 West Sussex

Really??!

Ci, 30 of July of 2023 at 16:22 Posted on Planning 1 7
We Just found out that my fiancés ex wife is getting married the same year…month…a few days apart and at the same venue!!! Coincidence or not hmm??! Thoughts please!!

7 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 31 of July of 2023 at 22:21
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Does it really matter?

Your guests will come to your wedding to support you.

Your fiance's ex wife's guests will come to her wedding to support her.

It doesn't really matter when or where either of these weddings take place.

If you have guest overlap and they were on the same day, then it would be a problem. But as it is, just let her get on with doing her own thing and focus on your wedding, not hers.

• Ci
    Ci ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Totally understand this but we have a feeling she may have chosen the same week, venue out of spite…our venue has now lost its shine because of this…the venue was special to US and now the build up to my wedding and all I can think of is hers and probably even be in the same bedroom bridal suite a few days before!! My fiancés adult kids will attending both. My husband to-be not happy either!!
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    Whether it's a coincidence or she did it on purpose, unless you want to move your wedding, there is nothing you can do about it. Would it annoy you more knowing she has caused you the additional cost/time/stress of changing your venue? Even though it's the same venue, your outfits/decor/food/music etc. will all probably be different so it's not like you are having the exact same wedding. Maybe just ask your fiancé's kids to keep quiet during those days between so you don't know anything about her wedding when you are supposed to be getting excited about yours.
  • Ci
    Ci ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Think we are going to move date to before hers so at least I’m not thinking of hers just before ours! Friends n family agree with me!
  • A
    Oregon
    Articicezephyr ·
    • Hide content

It's like a rom-com plot unfolding in real life! 😂 Don't stress too much, though. Life's full of crazy twists and turns, and this could be just one of those quirky moments.

• Ci
    Ci ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    🤣🤣 couldn’t make it up really! Of all the possible venues out there and we chose the same one within days of each other 🤣
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    If you have no possible contact with her or shared friends etc then surely just a coincidence?

Either way, I wouldn’t say it matters too much anyway. Don’t let it ruin your moment.. ex’s are ex’s for a reason xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics