Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

bookgirl
Dedicated June 2007

reasonable donation cost for ring cleaning?

bookgirl, 16 of September of 2008 at 14:02 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 2

Hello,

At the weekend, H decided he wanted his wedding ring cleaned. We had bought our rings in london and don't live there anymore, so couldn't go to the shop. We went into town and asked at Beaverbrooks, who said they can do it and ask for a donation to their charity collection. We left our wedding rings and my engagement ring there for cleaning. We picked them up and they were shiny - I think they did them in one of those sonic cleaning machines as opposed to properly buffing up the platinum. We put £5 in the charity pot as there was no guidance given!

My question is - do you think this is a reasonable amount?! We'd like to do it every few months but don't want to take the p or overpay! How much would you pay for this?

I know we could buy one of those machines from Argos but think it would just clutter the house and would only use it 2-3 times a year.

2 replies

Latest activity by bookgirl, 16 of September of 2008 at 15:07
  • *Kitty*
    Beginner April 2008
    *Kitty* ·
    • Hide content

£5 sounds fine to me.

• MD
    Beginner
    MD ·
    • Hide content

I think that sounds quite reasonable. Is that a service all Beaverbrooks offer, do you know?

• bookgirl
    Dedicated June 2007
    bookgirl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't know, I'm afraid. It wasn't on their website, we just walked in as we were passing and asked if they offered it for jewellery not purchased through them. If you live near the place you got your ring, it's worth checking there first as they may do it for free - the shop I got my e-ring definitely does - but as I said that's in London and we're in Norwich now.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics