Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chapples
Beginner June 2017

Reasonably priced UK alternative to BHLDN dresses?

Chapples, 16 of February of 2016 at 15:25 Posted on Planning 0 2

So I have a few months yet before actually going to try dresses on, but for the purposes of window shopping, every time I find a dress I love on Pinterest or similar, it's a BHLDN one & they're not available in the UK... it's quite disheartening!

Does anyone know of a similar designer that I can purchase from in the UK? I don't want to spend a huge amount on a dress (defo under £1k!), which is why I don't really want to risk ordering from BHLDN, paying lots in tax & shipping & then finding out it doesn't fit etc.

2 replies

Latest activity by Chapples, 17 of February of 2016 at 12:20
  • Charliebob
    Beginner May 2016
    Charliebob ·
    • Hide content

There are some wedding dresses on Ebay from UK sellers so will be sent without needing to pay the added tax and most probably easier to return. Alternatively find a style you like and post it here so the girls can try find you a similar one by another designer. A lot of items on BHLDN are by different designers anyway. I have bought a sash from them before and I wasn't that impressed to be honest. It was expensive for what it was. But there dresses do seem dreamy, either try find another designer in a style you like or go to a shop try on tons of dresses and get measured properly and take the plunge and order one. Good Luck!

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    CM27 ·
    • Hide content

I was having the same issue - everything I saw and loved was either BHLDN or Grace Loves Lace. In the end, I couldn't risk buying something non-returnable that might not be right for me..

I know that ASOS are soon to launch a bridal range: http://www.buzzfeed.com/terripous/prepare-your-pinterest-boards-asos-is-making-wedding-dresses#.xneWy0RVWb (I know this is in USD but as a UK company I assume it will be UK too!)

Some of the high street stores as well tend to be a bit more unstructured and floaty (monsoon and john lewis in particular), and obviously there isn't a worry of paying import duty or shipping! You might then even have some money left over for alterations with a clever seamstress to make your dress totally unique! Smiley smile

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies - that's fab advice!

I do like a couple of Phase Eight & Monsoon dresses - I'll take a look at John Lewis too. We're having a registry office ceremony & then a party in a field so I want something quite 'relaxed' but still bridal! Smiley smile

I shall get trying on in the next few months & then come back with some photos!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics