Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner October 2025 Central & Glasgow

Reception but no ceremony.. Help!!

Caitlin, 5 October, 2024 at 16:29 Posted on Planning 0 2
Hello everyone!

I got engaged yesterday AHH!!
My partner and I are planning to get married but he can’t do big days all about him because of his anxiety.We still want to have a big reception to celebrate with our friends and family but we just want a reception in a town hall to sign the paper.
Where do I even begin with planning this? I’d love a venue like citation (in Glasgow) or something along those lines for reception but I’m sure they only do a full Ceremony and reception package!
Please help a stuck bride to be x

2 replies

Latest activity by Amy, 10 October, 2024 at 14:11
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

You might find it easier to get a reception-only package if you get married midweek and/or out of season. Or maybe consider booking a room in a nice restaurant/hotel - with a lot of the packages, you are paying for stuff that you may not necessarily want or need, especially if you are trying to keep things low-key.

• Amy
    Beginner March 2025 Hampshire
    Amy Online ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Have a look at local hotels, a lot of them have great functions rooms that you can hire just for the evening and a lot of places will even be able to decorate for you and have in house DJ's etc making light work of the planning process. Our venue did us a bespoke quote which meant we got everything we wanted and was a little cheaper than a full 'package'. always worth an ask.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics