Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner July 2021 South East London

Reception recieving line and arrival etiquette

Rosalind, 26 of April of 2021 at 14:15 Posted on Planning 0 2
Hi all,

We are having a smallish ceremony with around 60 people. We are then having our wedding breakfast and speeches, with the reception starting at 1800. We have invited more people to the reception around an extra 60. My query is how do we greet these people? Should we do a recieving line? Are people prompt to a reception? I think yes but my other half thinks no. I can't see that people can just turn up whenever and wander in? Starting thinking about it as wondering how to ensure everyone gets a drink for the reception (were not open bar but want to provide one or two drinks per person). Does anyone have any cute ideas how to do this? Thanks

2 replies

Latest activity by Hyacinth, 11 of January of 2022 at 10:09
  • Laura
    Beginner July 2022 Surrey
    Laura ·
    • Hide content
    I think people do just show up and mingle, but that’s just my experience, there may be another way to do it. I think your venue will serve them a drink when they enter and then it’s a bit of an honour system for additional drinks?
  • Hyacinth
    Beginner April 2022 Essex
    Hyacinth ·
    • Hide content
    What did you go for? I like the idea of a receiving line but appreciate it's a drain on time. We have 100 guests. I want to be able to thank everyone for coming and say hello to everyone
    I'm considering doing the receiving line at the church as everyone leaves the church and makes their way to the reception. Not sure yet.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics