Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

fiona1984
Beginner July 2013

reception venue accommodation double booked ..........update.

fiona1984, 22 April, 2010 at 10:47 Posted on Planning 0 8

So I've had a night to calm down a bit now. Yesterday we received a call from our venue asking us to go along for a meeting, as we could only make it at 5.30pm the venue coordinator told us she would sort us drinks and a meal on the house. Immediately I was worried there must be a reason for the free food!!!!

When we arrived the coordinator admitted she had made a huge *** up and had double booked all the rooms we had asked for for the night of our wedding, not including the bridal suite...phew...

We are getting married on a friday and there is another wedding there the next day, saturday. This couple had already booked out all the rooms for the night before and the night of their wedding. They booked Jan 09 we booked Oct 09 arghhhh!!!

The coordinator had a fairly valid family tragedy reason to blame for the mistake and that at the time 2 different members of staff were taking bookings. Obviously communication was lacking.

Although at the time I was fuming they have a contingency plan in action. The 15 rooms we need will be split between 2 local hotels 10 mins drive away, which charge far more than our guests were to pay for venue accommodation, we obviously will now be getting these at the original price quoted. The venue have also said they will lay on a free taxi service for the guests staying at the alternative hotels, picking up and dropping off whenever guests want. Finally they have reduced our venue rate by 50%.

I am still gutted however that me and H2B will be the only ones from our wedding party staying on the night of our wedding. Our guests will be taxi'd over to us again in the morning for breakfast.

It will take time for me to be completely happy with the situation but I'm sure it will work out fine.

Thanks for reading my little rant!!!!

Fi

x

8 replies

Latest activity by teeheeyoucrazyguys!, 22 April, 2010 at 18:06
  • Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content

Wow, this sounds like a nightmare!! Well done for taking it so well.

On the plus side though.... I think considering the monumental c**k up by the venue I think they handled it in the most professional way possible - i.e inviting you for an appointment instead of telling you on the phone, laying on a free meal, and compensating you in the best way they can - this can only bode well for how they will treat you on the day - especially as now they have some making up to do!!

I hope this is your only hiccup! x

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

Wow Fiona, Your venue sound so good. Least they managed to find your guests alternative accommodation and sort the cost out. Sounds like a fab coordinator you have there. I know it's not what you wanted but least they have sorted it for you and not left you to do it x

• fiona1984
    Beginner July 2013
    fiona1984 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls, I know the venue have done well to sort it out so quickly when they had realised, and the venue coordinator is lovely so I found it hard to be really angry with her. But as soon as I got home I wanted to scream!!!

I suppose we will be doing well if this turns out to be our only hiccup

xx

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Wow, fiona, I can see why you're cross. That said, a massive round of applause for your venue sorting it out so admirably. That sort of customer service really does make a difference.

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

This happened to my cousin a few weeks ago, except her whole wedding had been double booked apparently!!!!!! She has had to move it forward by 2 weeks and re book EVERYTHING!!!!!! Hers is in August 2010 too making it a difficult task. It appears that the second booking was worth more than hers but we havent confirmed this.

Be careful when booking ladies as it appears more commen than i first thought!!!!!!!!

• fiona1984
    Beginner July 2013
    fiona1984 ·
    • Hide content

For those of you that were kind enough to read my rant earlier here's an update

Venue coordinator has rung the other couple today and they have agreed to let us have one of the rooms they had booked at our venue, with a possibility of getting another 3/4 rooms back once they have spoken to family/friends.

I'm so pleased as SIL2B will still be feeding her little one then so at least she will have somewhere private to go and do that.

Fi

xx

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I think its lovely to have some time to yourselves........thats why we left our hotel and went somewhere secret, we didnt want to see the guests that night or the next morning......

my brothers bridal suite was next door to his spinster godmother - can you imagine how mortifying that was in the morning when it was discovered???

you too might be relieved!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics