Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

X
Beginner February 2014

Reception venue changed wedding co-ordinator

xstaceylpx, 25 February, 2013 at 16:16 Posted on Planning 0 19

Hi ladies, just wandering has anyone booked a hotel reception which included a wedding co-ordinator whcih then changed before the wedding? Just been told the hotel has a new co-ordinator. do you think i should be worried?

19 replies

Latest activity by gizmobear, 25 February, 2013 at 22:21
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Not unless they've given you any reason to be worried? People change jobs, it happens.

If you'd feel better, make an appointment to go and meet the new coordinator.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

No I wouldn't be worried. When is the wedding? Do you still have meeting with the venue before your date?

It is not uncommon in the industry for the 'wedding co-ordinator' to not even be present on the day of the wedding often they hand over to 'event/banqueting/bar etc managers' who look after you on the day.

• X
    Beginner February 2014
    xstaceylpx ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for you replies. no they havnt given me any reason to doubt. the sales manager said that as soon as the new co-ordinator has finished the training she will contact us to meet. our wedding is 14th Feb 2014 so a while yet. think im just being paranoid!

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Exactly what's been said already.

Just make sure though, if you have agreed anything out of the ordinary to their standard packages then make sure you have it in writing, and discuss with the new co-ordinator when you meet with them.

• X
    Beginner February 2014
    xstaceylpx ·
    • Hide content

Im worried itll go the other way lol the old one was fab! but i suppose they wouldnt hire someone who didnt know what they were doing.

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

We are now on our 3rd co-ordinator from our venue !

The first was really nice, very personable and professional, but we weren't ( or not that we recall) told she was only there covering maternity leave.

Second one , started off VERY badly and despite her numerous apologies and attempts to re-assure us. it only got worse until I wrote to the hotel manager and explained everything and listed the contract discrepancies that she had made and asked for her to no longer deal with any of our arrangements

Third one, fingers crossed has been great and has got everything back on track.

But as others have said , people do changed jobs so don't be unduly worried about it, maybe make an appointment to meet the new co-ordinator on your next visit just to make sure you are both on the same page with all the details.

L x

• X
    Beginner February 2014
    xstaceylpx ·
    • Hide content

Third wow!! im sure itll be fine then i do have a year to go and for us to get to know her! thanks guys! x

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content

I really wouldn't worry - wedding co-ordinators often change and I'm sure your venue will make sure that they're up to the job. Just make sure that anything you agree is in writing, and it'll all be passed over to the new co-ordinator.

• Wedding DJ
    Wedding DJ ·
    • Hide content

Mmm raises a good issue - I've never thought about - if you've booked a venue and don't like the new wedding co-ordinator what can you do about it? Is this covered in the venues terms and conditions you have signed?

• X
    Beginner February 2014
    xstaceylpx ·
    • Hide content

I havnt checked the contract so shall look. when i go see her i shall make sure all the details are what we agreed in the first place.

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

Ooo yay! Sorry off subject but were date twins lol.

My venue has a wedding co-ordinator but has been there forever, so can't really help. Go and see her and maybe ask what she did before? Sure it will be fine Smiley smile x

• X
    Beginner February 2014
    xstaceylpx ·
    • Hide content

? How much planning have you done so far? and where abouts are you? x

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Venue booked, rings purchased, cake sorted, bridesmaids dresses purchased, invites made, Trying to sort photographer, I've booked an appointment with a college to sort flowers out. Oh and a vw camper booked to take me and bridesmaids to venue Smiley smile

I'm in east kent. How are you finding it all? Any negative comments with it being on valentines day? x

• X
    Beginner February 2014
    xstaceylpx ·
    • Hide content

Venues booked, got my ring, dress viel and tiara, booked the photgrapher, band, save the dates sent and the cars. where did you get your invite supplies? i want to make my own but dont have a clue where to start!

we got a few appointments this week to see about room decor. im so fussy though lol.

no negativie comments, well not to my face anyway! my partner and i dont celebrate valentines day and sounds silly but didnt realise it was that day until our parents said! we picked it because of the numbers and because its the weekend of our anniversary which is the 10th but i am glad we chose it. have you had negative comments. im in Exeter x

• B
    Beginner April 2013
    Butterfly_Bride ·
    • Hide content

We are on our fourth and having a total nigtmare...

Luckily I had our contract written up from day one so they have had to stick with what is agreed but it has been stressful.

Each one has worked differently to the other one, disagree with the one before and its us that have to keep going over our plans for the day.

With only 6 weeks to go i am keeping the peace but we will be complaing to our venue! x

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

My train/boat wedding company sent us a letter saying they weren't doing weddings anymore because of staffing issues and VAT being added on! They said they had handed it all to a nearby hotel. I was really worried to start with but once I had gone down and sat with my new co-ordinator I was really pleased. We just went through all the paperwork, what I had been told and what had changed. We covered everything so I know we won't have issues where I think they're going to do something for me, when they're not.

I definately recommend going to talk everything through with the new one - just so you know you're on the same page (some things we discussed with our first co-ordinator but she didn't put it in writing)

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

4th !! OMG I thought we were bad at 3.

I don't even mind that the co-ordinator has changed only that they didn't read our file so they were up to date, which seems to be the same problem your having, you'd think it would be something they would do as standard !

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

I'm making my own with my mum, basic design I will flash once I've got them done, few fiddly bits to do.

Had a few comments with it being a Friday and that "maybe I would like to go for a meal with my partner as its valentines day" which was replied with ok I won't send you an invite lol.

ive been thinking about looking for a dress, need to find a free day.

We wanted valentines day because it will be 4 years since we got engaged Smiley smile

sounds like your getting lots done. x

• gizmobear
    Beginner September 2013
    gizmobear ·
    • Hide content

As others have said you shouldnt necessarily worry, it all depends on how dedicated your coordinator is. As long as you can have contact with them and explain what you want from your day and they take that on board it should be fine.

So far we have only been in contact with the sales manager at our venue. We have been told that she gets in contact with us 2 months before to discuss timings on the day,menus and decor etc. To me this feels a little late, but we have been emailing her since last may so it seems that we have free reign to sort out what we like and then just let her know 2 months ahead. This is when we meet the wedding coordinator who will help"coordinate" our day(I hope).

the issue we have is that our venue wont allow us to store any decor items overnight before the wedding, or set up tables the day before so we have to get them to the venue on the morning of the wedding. This has been my biggest bug bear but we will have to get a helpful friend to do some running around on the morning of the wedding as i am hoping to just be getting ready and not stressing, I think going to the venue before the wedding breakfast would panic me lol.

any other venue issues such as this? x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics