Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner October 2012

Reception venue hunt

justinesim, 2 May, 2012 at 12:35 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hello, we are getting married in stratford upon avon in october, and are searching for a reception venue to have 120 for a sit down meal, we have tried all internet searches and most venues are too expensive or booked up, does anyone know any hidden venues that we can transform into a 1920s/30s speakeasy. We have tried all the obvious places. many thanks xx

4 replies

Latest activity by jhndavid, 4 May, 2012 at 06:08
  • green-claws-entertainment
    green-claws-entertainment ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We are based just out side of Stratford Upon Avon and know all of the venues very very well.

Are you looking for a hotel or a DIY reception? I know of a beautiful village hall that has been transformed into an amazing venue a few times.

There are a number of hotels that i can highly recommend but all depends on your budget.

Drop me an email or a pm and ill try to help out where i can.

• J
    Beginner October 2012
    justinesim ·
    • Hide content

Hello

Thank you for your reply, ideally we would love a diy reception but have looked at some hotels too, we are going to look at the "swans nest hotel' tomoro, the package is £50 per head which includes quite alot and disco, but a village hall would definatley be a cheaper option, the problem is its a friday night so we would want to theme a venue the day before and we have at 120 on our guest list, we tried the Town Hall and Civic centre unfortunatley they are booked up, we also looked at Cox's Yard and No1 Shakespeare St but the rooms re just too small. i would love any information you have , especially about the village hall.

Thank you.

• Hide content

Did you want to keep the venue in Stratford Upon Avon or will you look at the outskirts?

The village hall i was thinking of is about a 30 min drive so might be a little far but i do know of some other nice venues.

The original village hall i was thinking of was the lifford hall in Broadway, has a great kitchen/ bar area along with a second room ideal for setting up the evening buffet. Lots of hotels and B & Bs located near by

There are a number of wedding venues around the area, some nice golf clubs which have some great function rooms.

Stratford Armouries - Stunning function room a few miles outside of Stratford

Ingon Manor again based a few miles outside of Stratford,

Billesley Manor, the main house is beautiful but the function room is a little conference looking, plain but does the job.

Welcombe Hotel - just a few minutes outside of Stratford with 2 great function rooms.

The are a few that i know are located actually in Stratford that i have done work at in the past. The most suitable one regarding number would proably be the Stratford, there is also the grosvenor hotel which i think can seat 120 at a tight push, i used to be the resident DJ there for about 10 years. There is also the Alveston Manor, but havent worked there in a few years so unsure how it works these days

That should get you started.

• Hide content

Meant to add, you can always get on day wedding helpers. You basically give a brief to someone and let them arrange everything for you.

• J
    jhndavid ·
    • Hide content

The venue choosing for the couples wedding. It's all depends upon wedding planning people because they are going to be set the venue budget, convenience, needs etc. They have to decide to fix the venue for their wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics