Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MsJLD
Beginner September 2015

Reception venue ideas - losing the will to live - please help!

MsJLD, 10 of March of 2015 at 09:23 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hello,

My partner and I are looking at getting married at the end of September this year.

We would like a low-key/ relaxed event. Registry office ceremony and then a gathering for friends and family. I have been Googling for what seems like months and cannot find any suitable reception gathering venues. I don't think we're being unreasonable, but then again, this is the first time I've tried to organise a wedding ;-P I am soooo frustrated that, although I love my H2B and there is no one else out there for me, I feel like saying we're not getting married, end of. Wondered if it might be worth joining Hitched to get input from brides/B2B/NW on venue ideas.

We would like...

Keynsham/Bristol/Bath area, although open to sensible suggestions!;

Room big enough for 140 (although unlikely to end up with that number of people);

Self-catering allowed (we'd like to have a F&C van pull up outside);

Some where with a little charm to it, but it doesn't have to be stunning - just not a rugby club house type venue;

We don't have a budget, but a reasonable price;

Usual bar, toilets, lift, plenty of seating

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thank you you in advance.

3 replies

Latest activity by MsJLD, 16 of March of 2015 at 18:49
  • L
    Beginner May 2016
    littleredfairy ·
    • Hide content

Not self catering but they did a hog roast at my friend's wedding at the pump house in Bristol. The got married at the registry office and then we all got on boats along the river to the pump house for mulled cider. Main meal was a hog roast and no set seating plan etc, then disco in the evening. They had a separate wedding in Brzial, so I don't think they spend a silly amount and it was really lovely and informal. I dare say they would allow food vans and it is right by the water.

They also have a minimum spend rather than a hire fee - http://www.the-pumphouse.com/

• Summer87
    Beginner August 2015
    Summer87 ·
    • Hide content

Hello, I feel your pain, took us ages to find the perfect venue. My friend got married at bath registry office then held her reception at wandstrow village hall last year. It's completely self catering, bar and kitchen. She had afternoon tea then a lovely wood fire pizza van came in the evening. Think it was very reasonably priced x

http://www.wanstrowvillagehall.co.uk

• Summer87
    Beginner August 2015
    Summer87 ·
    • Hide content

Also, I went to a clothes swap here and understand it can be hired for receptions. It was a nice space and not far from the centre of Bath

http://neworielhall.org.uk/what-we-offer/weddings-and-parties/

• MsJLD
    Beginner September 2015
    MsJLD ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your suggestions. I am in the middle of a massive To Do List, but as soon as it's cleared I will have a proper look at your suggestions Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics