Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner December 2023 Central & Glasgow

Reception venue in Glasgow and surrounding area

Laura, 7 of July of 2022 at 17:21 Posted on Planning 0 1
Hey,
My fiancé and I are from Glasgow, born and raised, but we immigrated to Canada in 2020 and just recently got engaged. We plan on eloping here in Canada in summer 2023, but want to have a reception/party style celebration back in Scotland with close family and friends, likely in December 2023. I am looking for something nice but not too formal or expensive. More of a party vibe with buffet options, dancing etc. rather than a formal sit down meal. Close family and friends so up to maybe 60 people. Does anyone have any suggestions of venues to look at? My family are based primarily in Glasgow southside/south lanarkshire and his family are east dumbartonshire. Thanks!

1 replies

• Jamie
    Dedicated October 2022 Argyll
    Jamie ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married at Ross Priory, which is about 30-40 minutes from Glasgow and right by Loch Lomond. I know they offer hot and cold buffet options for the evening food, though it's not really mentioned on their packages online. However, the coordinator, Lesley, has been quite accommodating with our changes and it's a pretty affordable venue in a stunning location.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics