Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner

Reception venue too small

HappyGoldStationery593, 15 of October of 2017 at 23:17 Posted on Planning 0

Hi everyone, long time lurker but first time poster!

I find myself needing some advice, we have booked our reception venue for Summer 2018 (this was booked back in April 2017) however over the past week we have been informed that instead of the 120 people capacity which we were told the max is actually 90 at a squeeze! We have already sent 120 invites with 108 confirmed (we had a small back up list which we are glad we didn't send out!) so too late to not send invites and we are 18 people over!

Venue have now suggested we can use their marquee, additional cost £5,000 which we have not budgeted for obviously! Having been messed around previously by venue on various matters I find this is the last straw, we have a signed contract saying cancellation means no refund of money we have given already to secure the date however find this is reasonable grounds to look/book elsewhere.

Interested to hear if anyone else has experience with this sort of scenario!

• S
    Beginner September 2017
    Sorbet ·
    • Hide content

Do you have proof they said 120?

if its written anywhere then they have to honor and fix it as its not your problem... also if you dont want the tent and they are at fault they HAVE to refund you because they broke the contract/false advertised

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics