Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner August 2013

Reception venues in Staffordshire/Shropshire area

Riablo, 1 of March of 2013 at 13:33 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi

This is my first post in this forum, so I hope I do it right!!

I got engaged at the start of December to my boyfriend of 7 years ? we were originally going to wait until spring 2014 to get married but there seems to still be some availability for the end of summer/autumn 2013 so we are now looking for August 2013 (very exciting!!), although we are happy to wait for the right venue.

We are living in France at the moment but all of our family are based in the UK so we are looking to get married reasonably close to Stafford, Eccleshall, Market Drayton and surrounding areas, within about 30 mile radius. We weren't sure whether we could have a church wedding but my father's local church have given us the go ahead so we are now looking for a reception venue and preferably somewhere that has accomodation as we will be having guests travelling from France.

Does anyone have any recommendations? We will be looking at numbers of about 80 in the day and 120 in the evening. We have looked at a lot of exclusive use venues but we feel that we would be paying a lot of money to have the venue to ourselves only to spend a big portion of the day at the church.

We were wondering if anyone could suggest any hotels or non-exclusive wedding venues where we could have a nice good quality reception...our absolute ideal would be somewhere in the countryside, good photo opportunities, with nice inside and outside space (it would be lovely to use the garden throughout the day and evening IF the weather is kind)...somewhere we can relax and enjoy our day with friends.

Our budget is up to about 8k, but any less would be BIG bonus!

Any help is very much appreciated. We are trying to wedding plan from abroad, doing as much as we can by telephone and over the internet, cramming as much into our visits back as we can...last weekend we came back and went to 2 suit hire places, tried out a potential caterer, visited 9 venues, tried on numerous wedding dresses (and bought one!!) and went to 2 wedding fayres...tiring, but fun ?

If anyone can give us some venue ideas it would be great and personal recommendation is even better.

️⭐️Thanks

2 replies

Latest activity by Riablo, 5 of March of 2013 at 23:27
  • Katianne
    Beginner February 2014
    Katianne ·
    • Hide content

There's the Moat House in Acton Trussel?

• The Wedding Singer
    The Wedding Singer ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

I'm based in Stafford. Here are some places I've preformed at before in the area. They differ a fair bit on size, budget, ground etc, but I've had good experiences in all:

The Upper House, Barlaston

Moat House, Stafford - having a lot of refurbishment done, brand new function room and bridal suite

Weston Hall, (newly refurbished, recently re-opened under new management)

Modderhall Oaks

Stone House Hotel

Crown Hotel, Stone - not the swankiest, but well run and I've heard it's good value

Goldstone Hall, Market Drayton

Hadley Park, Telford

Tillington Hall, Stafford - under new ownership and recently had their fucntion suite refurbed

Pendrell Hall, out towards Wolverhampton - in the middle of a major refurb, opening in May, so will be all shiny and new!

Granvilles, Stone - good food but don't think it would be available on Friday / Saturday nights, as they have their own live music nights

The White Eagle (Polish Club) - obviously at the bottom end price wise and nothing really in terms of ground, but I've seen it look really nicely decorated inside

Hope this helps. If you need more info about any in particular I can share my experiences in more detail!

James

• R
    Beginner August 2013
    Riablo ·
    • Hide content

Thanks very much for the help.

We've looked at some of those venues, not heard of others and it is always so helpful to have a little insight into what they are actually like on a wedding day.

One venue we are considering is Slater's Country Inn at Baldwin's Gate...does anyone have any experience of weddings there? Would love to hear some personal views (or reasons why people turned it down as a venue). MIL is going to visit the venue for us as we can't get over at the moment and it is difficult to know what to ask her to look out for in particular.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics