Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner July 2018

Reception venues in Wiltshire? Please help!

RomanticGoldDecor586, 2 of May of 2016 at 17:58 Posted on Planning 0

We are wanting to have a church wedding at a church just out of Devizes, Wiltshire and have our hearts set on a barn venue for the reception but there seems to be nothing suitable nearby!!

I have looked at the following venues but nothing seems to be the one!

Wick Farm, Bath - my sister is marrying here

Wellington barn, Calne - other sister is marrying here

Winkworth farm, malmesbury - too far, 50 min drive

The manor barn near Salisbury - this one is a great location about 20 min from church but it's too small and too expensive

Wick Bottom barn, Marlborough - good distance from church but it's too much of a blank canvas and have to do it all yourself, they don't even have toilets etc

we love Priston mill near bath but it's an hour from the church. Considered putting a coach on but I think it's just too much travelling

it seems there are no other options?! Does anyone know of any other venues? Really don't know what to do...

• C
    Beginner September 2016
    CAtch ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I was looking for barn venues in wiltshire as well, and in the end I gave up on the idea of one down to cost and all the work for a set up. I didn't want a blank canvas like wick bottom but everything else was too far for our guests to travel. We looked at a load of hotels in the area and in the end settled for the local town hall. To us it was a perfect compromise, it still has the charm of a barn as it's an old building but has all the essentials and is walking distance for most of the guests.

If you have your heart set on a barn and you don't feel anything else would be right for.you can't you have the same venue as one of your sisters? Each wedding will be different as you'll all have your own taste.

Sorry I can't be of much more help and I. Hope you find what you're looking for Smiley smile

X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics