Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2014

Reception Venues; Northamptonshire

camilla89, 15 of May of 2012 at 19:48 Posted on Planning 0 8

My fiance and I are on the hunt for venues to have our reception in late summer/autumn of next year. We are on a budget but would really appreciate if any of you know any nice places in Northampton/Northamptonshire that you would reccomend as a reception venue.

Thank you in advance

8 replies

Latest activity by NatalielovesJustin, 15 of May of 2012 at 22:35
  • BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

Hey, the Guildhall is beautiful in Northampton. We were looking there as from Kettering area!

We have gone for Rothley Court in Leicester though as was worried about parking etc. near the guildhall

What's your budget? I practically looked at every venue in Northants so should be able to recommend something haha ?

Also, Wicksteed park in Kettering is quite a quirky option - its the oldest theme park in England & it's actually cheap for a reception there.

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    camilla89 ·
    • Hide content

I think we are going to go for a country/natural type theme, somewhere that will be a little different, and maybe somewhere that is a bit of a blank canvas.

Thanks for your suggestions, I know what you mean about the parking for the guidhall because of its location.

Do you know of any that are in a rural setting?

Smiley smile x

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

We looked at Catthorpe Manor which was beautiful.

There wasn't really that many rural-y ones for those on a budget, despite what you expect around Northants!!

this is why we ended up going to Leicestershire as we wanted the same, but didn't wanna pay £6000!

The Courtyard in Stanwick is another place we looked into.

Or Silverstone Golf Club, Wellingboroigh Golf Club were both lovely & obviously rurally

• SassyT
    Beginner August 2013
    SassyT ·
    • Hide content

I live in Thrapston and we're getting married at The Courtyard in Stanwick - just the ceremony though, our reception is in our friends pub in Islip

The Courtyard have been brilliant, I've emailed so many times with questions and they have got back to me quickly and it is a lovely venue, really pleased we found it!

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

Are you just looking for a reception venue? or ceromony as well??

There are some lovely places depends what you want to pay and how far you want to go? I'm Northampton but we are getting married in Corby Hotel package.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

My sister had her wedding at Dodmoor house in weedon. Beautiful Barns and lovely setting

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

JoJo2 this is one I was going to mention and there is also Dodmoor Manor now which is a new barn conversion opened this seaon.

If you are looking at getting married at the venue as well, have a look on the Northamptonshire County Council Website they are all listed on there licenced venue PDF download, and i am sure most of them will just do the reception anyway. There is also Oundle Mill and the Talbot in Oundle which are both stunning, depends what you are looking for.

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    camilla89 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your suggestions, keep them coming

We are looking for a venue just for the reception Smiley smile

• N
    Beginner April 2013
    NatalielovesJustin ·
    • Hide content

I've been getting stuck into viewing Northants venues lately so I'll give you a summary of my findings. The more you look the more you find gorgeous little villages with barns and halls etc so visiting random places and just asking around seems to be a great way of finding lovely budget venues here!

I'm not sure what your budget is like but I'll tell you everything I've heard of anyway. Starting vaguely with the cheap and basic DIY halls end and getting to the pricier package hotel and country house end:

Harlestone Village Institute - cosy and in a beautiful, beautiful little village with a lovely church on top of a hill www.harlestonevillage.co.uk/institute.html

Dairy Farm, Stowe - A supplier I spoke to's daughter got married here and said it was good value. (Think I remember £500 venue hire mentioned though it may have been for the village institute listed above) Barn style. www.old-dairy-farm-centre.co.uk

Brownsover Hall Hotel, Rugby - do some alright package deals if gothic hotel wedding is your thing. Perhaps not the blankest of canvases with very loud red walls everywhere. Also do a totally complimentary meal and glass of bubbly for couples who want to sample the food! www.brownsoverhall.co.uk

Plum Park, nr Towcester - Old country house turned boutique hotel. Nice lawn, swimming pool and permanent marquee for reception. Perhaps better for a larger amount of evening guests (100+) as it is quite a large space to fill. **best package prices I've been quoted as of yet** espesh for weekdays/ under 50 guests. www.plumpark.co.uk

Oundle Mill - Nr Peterborough end - lovley but smallish modern hotel for smaller weddings. Reasonable pricing. Lovely mill/water setting for photos. Restaurant has won awards. www.oundlemill.co.uk

Dodmoor House, nr Weedon - If you're into barn style weddings this is perfection. Nice courtyard, lovely bridal suite included, newly renovated, lovely mezzanine bar area. TOTAL blank canvas- the wedding co-ordinator there is lovely and I got the impression they will truly bend over backwards to accommodate any decorative whim the bride may have. Not the cheapest but certainly cheaper than barn venues we had veiwed in Oxfordshire. Would have booked myself but barn venues aren't my thing.www.dodmoorhouse.co.uk

Holdenby House - My fave. Shabby chic country house with croquet lawn and grounds. Very accommodating to personalization, but you need to want the whole country house incorporated itno your theme or it just wouldn't work. www.holdenby.com

Brampton Grange, Chapel Brampton - used to be part of Spencer estate. Lovely old farmhouse with 8 rooms, newly built modern feeling conference centre with 3 rooms. Lovely views for photos. Pretty pricey. V. blank canvas. www.bramptongrange.net

Castle Ashby - Looks v. posh and castly. Couldn't manage to get an appointment due to hopeless staff. Looks pricey, can't get hold of prices though!! www.castleashbyweddings.co.uk

Fawsley Hall - Big expensive posh chain hotel with beautiful sheep filled rolling countryside and croquet lawn. Staff were utterly useless to the point of being rude, so we turned round and went home without viewing the separate building dedicated to weddings and conferences. If you manage to get a price list out of them I would love to see it! www.fawsleyhall.com

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics