Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner July 2013

Recommendation for anyone having a woodland themed wedding.

cm_ljw, 2 of April of 2013 at 18:26 Posted on Planning 0 47

I picked up my wood slices today for my table centrepieces. I found someone who makes them in the midlands area (but ships them all over the country). He makes the most amazing things specifically for the couple, I went to pick mine up as I live locally and he had wreaths, carvings of couples initials in logs, little individual pieces of wood for name cards...everything really. And he's so friendly!

Anyway, felt the need to share my good experience. His e-bay page is

47 replies

Latest activity by It Must Be Love Wedding Photography, 14 of January of 2015 at 12:43
  • Juliet McKee Photography
    Juliet McKee Photography ·
    • Hide content

I think they look lovely. Great theme.?

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content

OMG!!! I have exactly the same for my table centres and they are also going to be used as a cup cake stand Smiley laugh I am having a faerie 'theme' ^-^ I got mine yesterday - The country park where I was holding a craft stall - a park ranger just sliced them up for me for free. It was a lil bit surreal as I'm sure to buy they would have cost a bomb! I think they look stunning Smiley laugh

What else are you having as a woodland theme? I'd love to hear more!! xXx

• MrsSkinner2be
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsSkinner2be ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh I'm after wood slices etc too - thank you!!!

• C
    Beginner July 2013
    cm_ljw ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have a look at my pinterest site as all most ideas are on that. On the wood will be a jar filled with moss and fairy lights. There will be ivy on the wood and along the table and mini milk bottle vases with a couple of flowers. Would love to know what your ideas are too!

http://pinterest.com/cem2013/

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a candle garden with red pine cones and ivy in the centre of the wood slices.
    Cupcakes decorated with toadstools, woodland creatures, faeries etc
    A tiny willow heart shaped wand for my flower girl and the same willow hearts to go on the chair backs.
    My bridesmaids, flower girl and I are having wings Smiley laugh
    Bridesmaids are having miniature foam roses and ivy plaited into their hair and I'm having a hair garland

Need to go on a walk in the woods to collect more things but it's the wrong time of year for that now! Smiley sad

LOVE the things on your pinterest. They are gorgeous Smiley smile Are you having your wedding outdoors? I wanted mine in the local country park but was told I wasn't allowed Smiley sad And being on a tiny budget looking elsewhere wasn't an option Smiley sad Gutted but have a lovely venue now Smiley smile xXx

• Carpe Diem
    Beginner
    Carpe Diem ·
    • Hide content

Our venue is a wood! These are fab, do you mind me asking how much they cost? X

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

Aw how exciting! I'm having wood slices as part of my centre piece too. A friend of my Mum's is doing them for free.

This is a mock up. The real deal will have a much nicer jar with raffia tied around the neck & the flowers will be orange & cream. There'll also be a table number scorched onto the log slice. The glass represents a log candle by the way, I didn't have it at the time but do now, see the 2nd pic!

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

Forgot to add my Pinterest board which has all my other stuff on it Smiley smile http://pinterest.com/welly1973/my-dream-wedding/

• C
    Beginner July 2013
    cm_ljw ·
    • Hide content

They worked out at £6.50 each, They are sanded and treated.

Your ideas sound great! jars are definitely popular. We are getting married in a country house as we couldn't find any outdoor venues except one, and that couldn't provide a suitable indoor space in case of rain (and my nerves would get the better of me in that situation!). The rooms we get married in and have our meal look out onto the gardens though and the outdoor space is lovely.

Would love to see any other flashes/boards Smiley winking

• MrsMcCall2be
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsMcCall2be ·
    • Hide content

This thread is making me want a woodland wedding ?

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful! Although our wedding isn't at all woodland related I must confess to being a bit of a tree hugger lol. Wood is so tactile. If any of you were looking for nice thankyou gifts, take a look at 'Yortrees'. I'm buying from them (lovely couple just down the road from me) and they can send out gift packages to your requirements. I'm having a wildlife friendly sapling hamper made for my mum. They are really well priced (4 different saplings for £12!) and all done with thought to wildlife and hedgerow conservation.

Www.yortrees.co.uk :0)

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content

These are the wings my bridesmaids and flower girl are having Smiley laugh I haven't showed anyone apart from the girls and my mum!

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They're ace!!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

They look great!

• Snyffa
    Beginner October 2013
    Snyffa ·
    • Hide content

Woodland theme here too Smiley laugh Eeeep! Loving all these flashes, cant wait to be able to flash some of my own things, so far only at the requesting quotes stage

x

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

I'm loving this thank you! i'm going to have wood circles for centrepieces and i am loving the table number holders will keep his ebay in mind. my pinterest is full of wooden ideas too. Smiley smile x

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

I was gonna have this but I'm going with the table number being scorched on to the log instead. Thought I'd share though:

Also liked these but decided to go with pine cones:

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're getting married at a venue surrounded by fields & woodland so should get some 'themed' pics! This is the view from the marquee, can you see the swing hanging off the tree? Smiley smile

• Ice Queen
    Beginner January 2007
    Ice Queen ·
    • Hide content

I love these, how unusual

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content

:o Ooohhh I had tingles about the swing! I can just imagne it with ivy twisted around and flowers and things.. magical. It looks amazing I'm abit green eyed Smiley tongue xXx

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

Some might think the swing cheesy but I can't wait to have my pic taken on it!

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They're really lovely!

I was tempted to go the full woodland fairy theme but the other half wasn't keen so I'm just woodland!

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My OH didn't have a choice Smiley tongue As soon as I get an idea I run with it whilst he's still at the starting block Smiley laugh He did say he'd be uncomfortable wearing wings though which made me 'LOL' haha still makes me giggle now actually! Smiley xd I reassured him it was just us girls to which there was a 'phew-wipe-brow-in-relief' moment Smiley tongue Silly plonker ^-^

The more I think about it, the more my mind gets carried away. I need to win the lottery seriously!

I don't think the swing is cheesy at all! I'd love it. It fits in so well. Not just there if you know what I mean? Smiley smile xXx

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Goodness me! Why would he need wings as he's a boy? As long as he has the elf ears he'll be fine: only girls have wings! ?

Alas mine refused the ears too so I'm making him plane down all the tree slices insted. That'll teach him to mess with my theme !

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content

:o If I could find some decent mini pointy ones I wouldn't even question wearing those too Smiley tongue And I'd make him wear them.. doing the sanding is his job anyway Smiley tongue

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

Yes I know what you mean about the swing Smiley smile

LOL @ your OH thinking you wanted him to wear wings! x

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi again!

I remembered about this thread, searched for it & just looked this seller up on Ebay. He only has 4 items listed at the moment & log slices aren't one of them!

I was wondering whether you have any contact details for him? I've got some of my free log slices & the condition isn't that great! I love yours & want some the same!

Thanks in advance x

• C
    Beginner July 2013
    cm_ljw ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

He makes things to order so doesn't put much on e-bay. If you message him on e-bay he replies, else his e-mails address is

**********@*****.**.**

• Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content

Ooh thank you, I'm looking for these too. I'll message him now! X

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much. I've messaged him on ebay so will see what he says.

Where in the Midlands is he based do you know? Do you think he would he be able to provide something like this:

• L
    Beginner May 2013
    Limpy loo ·
    • Hide content

Don't spend money on them. Most tree surgeons will sort you out with some for a few beers. We had silver birch centre pieces for our woodland wedding. Just got the wood and painted them with diluted PVA glue to stop the splitting and bobs your uncle. I still can't believe the sun shone and we got our dream ceremony outside in the middle of a wood (under a licensed gazebo) it was magical!

• C
    Beginner July 2013
    cm_ljw ·
    • Hide content

He had favours made up for a wedding similar to that when I visited so I'm sure he could. He was Burton Upon Trent way but does ship.

I orginally planned to use tree surgeons but they turned out to be rather aloof and hard to keep in contact with when it actually came to needing them made! Suppose you're not exactly a priority for them and £6 for each beautiful slice and paece of mind was worth it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics