Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner April 2018

Recommendations for drinks reception entertainment

GeorgieBea89, 3 of July of 2017 at 06:50 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hey all,

I'm struggling to find acoustic entertainment that I like for my drinks / canapes reception. Everyone I find online is quite cringy and old fashioned. I'm after someone young, cool and fresh who performs either as a soloist or a duo, preferably a guitarist but open to other suggestions.

Really appreciate any leads or recommendations.

Thanks,
Georgie x

5 replies

Latest activity by GeorgieBea89, 6 of July of 2017 at 12:08
  • MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Where are you based? There was a guy I saw at a wedding fair in Sheffield bit i think he will charge milage if you're a long way out.

• B
    Beginner March 2016
    BuryBride ·
    • Hide content

This sounds just like we had. I found Alex online and then a month or so before our wedding he became a recommended supplier at our venue so worked out well. We booked him all day and he MC'd for us. Put the music on at the ceremony. Did an acoustic set for our drinks reception. Music during the wedding breakfast then played our first dance live and did two evening sets with a DJ in between. We had so many comments about how good he was and he was a pleasure to work with. He even sent us a little video of the day he took on GoPro before we went to bed!! He can do a duo with his brother or a band if you prefer - can't recommend him highly enough

https://www.alexbirtwell.co.uk/

• G
    Beginner April 2018
    GeorgieBea89 ·
    • Hide content

MetalBride - our venue is in Taplow, Bucks so quite far from Sheffield but I'd be willing to pay for the right act! Really appreciate if you can let me know details Smiley smile

BuryBride - this sounds great, definitely going to check him out - thank you so much!

Georgie x

• M
    Beginner July 2017
    Mr_P ·
    • Hide content

One option to look at if you're wanting young, trendy, possibly someone wanting a break - go visit some live music venues in your area (pubs, bars etc). If you spot someone you like, go have a word and see if they're up for playing at your wedding - will be so much cheaper than an established act and will appreciate the extra exposure.

Mr_P

• G
    Beginner April 2018
    GeorgieBea89 ·
    • Hide content

That's a great idea Mr_P, I hadn't even thought of that. Thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics