Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Gillsy
Beginner April 2010

Recommendations for Wedding Dress Cleaning???

Gillsy, 27 April, 2010 at 20:57 Posted on Planning 0 4

Obviously after the incident with my dress I'm going to get it cleaned sooner rather than later and wondered if anybody had recommendations of somewhere in Glasgow or the West of Scotland???

Ta xx

4 replies

Latest activity by joechou, 29 April, 2010 at 03:24
  • budgetbabe
    Beginner July 2010
    budgetbabe ·
    • Hide content

Hey Gillsy,

I dont know anyone other than my local Morrisons! but why dont you have a look on yell.com (plug!)

What are you planning to do with your dress?

• urbanbridesmaid
    urbanbridesmaid ·
    • Hide content

I used Pdem for dry cleaning my wedding dress 5 years ago. They are not cheap but they do collect from your home/work address and return it in 2 weeks wrapped in acid free tissue paper so you store it or sell it.

http://www.pdem.co.uk/htmlsite/home.php

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls - I managed to get a recommendation from the girl that did my alterations for me so might go with that.

Budgetbabe - I'm going to keep my dress, couldn't bear to sell it!!!!

• J
    Beginner September 2010
    JackieS ·
    • Hide content

Gillsy.......i missed the bit about what happened with your dress but if you want to risk it you could stick it in the washing machine....sounds like a silly suggestion but apparently works a treat. Friend of mine had quite abit of beading on hers but could afford the silly prices people seemed to charge where she is, so she risked it. She put it in a duvet cover and stuck it on a very gentle wash......came out as good as new

of course it depends how much of a risk you want to take lol!

• J
    joechou ·
    • Hide content

Why not have a try to custom your wedding dress from online shop? there are many online shop custom wedding dress for bridal, good quaility and low price, you can search in google, good luck~

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics