Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2012

Red Bridesmaid dresses for a winter wedding

Larkie08, 30 March, 2013 at 19:48 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi everyone ?

My sister is getting married in December and we are starting to think about bridesmaid dresses and what to wear with them. We have found the dresses which are floor length, strapless in deep red (red rose sort of colour) satin. As the wedding is Dec we are thinking that we will need something around our shoulders to keep the cold off a little bit. We like the feathery/fur shrug's but the issue we are having is that my sister's dress is more white than ivory and the white feathery shrugs don't really go with the red as its a bit too stark so we are thinking what about red shrugs to match the dress...?

Any opinions or photos would be great as we can't quite imagine what a red dress would look like with a red feather/furshrug and whether its just going to be too much.

HELP!

Thank you x

2 replies

Latest activity by Teal, 30 March, 2013 at 20:46
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

If its very cold then there will not be much outside anyway

But how about black faux fur - none here but red full length for you

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I too was going to suggest gold or silver shawls/pashminas. Do you have another colour other than red? If the feathury shrug was the same red as the dresses it would work, but I think you'll struggle to find them exactly the same. Also, those feathury shrugs are usually short sleeved & dont actually keep you that warm. A shawl can be drapped over the shoulders or arms, & taken off quickly for pics if needed. (It wont let me post the pics of red winter weddings!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics