Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R

red wine on cream carpet

roobee, 21 of April of 2008 at 11:09 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

Does anyone have any tried and tested methods of removing red wine from a carpet?

its dry now if that makes a difference.

?

8 replies

Latest activity by yesig712, 9 of February of 2019 at 01:21
  • Bombay Mix
    Beginner
    Bombay Mix ·
    • Hide content

Usually white wine or soda water works but not sure if it's dry. I would try a stain remover like Carpet Power or Vanish. You might need a few goes with it.

• R
    roobee ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, will try vanish. i have a feeling its going to take a good while scrubbing☹️

• F
    Beginner
    Fred&Ginger ·
    • Hide content

Don't scrub it!!

Call a local carpet cleaning company - they have chemicals not available to the general public. We got a massive stain on our new cream carpet and he got the lot up. He also left me with a small pot of some smelly stuff for spot cleaning.

HTH

• R
    roobee ·
    • Hide content

Never thought of that!

its actually on a stair carpet and its on almost every tread so would take a lot of scrubbing to be fair!

i have just reinspected and its actually looking like a new carpet job!

• M
    Beginner July 2004
    Mrs T ·
    • Hide content

If you use vanish power foam do not scrub! Just pat it in and hoover it off two hours or so later.

I'm guessing someone has had it on the bottom of their shoe and thats how it's gotten upstairs? I would try some warm soapy water and rubbing with a cloth, good luck ?

• B
    bobbly ·
    • Hide content

If it won't come up,is it worth contacting your house insurance company to see if you can get it replaced under the accidental part of the policy?

• R
    roobee ·
    • Hide content

Mrs T, our kitchen is in the basement and i was carrying 2 glasses of red wine upstairs and tripped! i hadn't even had any wine previously!! so its basically splashed the entire way up the stair and that is why its on every tread!

bobbly, insurance it may well be!

• B
    bobbly ·
    • Hide content

quote:Originally posted by roobee
    Mrs T, our kitchen is in the basement and i was carrying 2 glasses of red wine upstairs and tripped! i hadn't even had any wine previously!! so its basically splashed the entire way up the stair and that is why its on every tread!

bobbly, insurance it may well be!

id="quote">

We had to replace one carpet through insurance, and there was no problem at all with it. We had topay the excess, but it was a heck of a lot cheaper then forking out for a new carpet, and it did not seem to affect the premiums.
  • Y
    yesig712 ·
    • Hide content

It is easy to be strained in the home because of pets and child, but sometimes its done by elders. for red wine, strains are looked weird in the home if carpets color is cream then much weird. But it's getting cleaned by carpet cleaning whistler. its outcomes will be real to me. All the best.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics