Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Duckford20
Beginner April 2012

Re-dipping of white gold rings - help!

Duckford20, 3 June, 2012 at 18:12 Posted on Planning 0 10

As the title, my engagement ring looks awful compared to my wedding ring. Has anyone had their ER or WR re dipped? If so where and how much did it cost? And how often does it need doing? TIA

10 replies

Latest activity by Carli_Joanna, 7 June, 2012 at 11:27
  • Tracy2012
    Beginner June 2012
    Tracy2012 ·
    • Hide content

I took mine to a high street jewellers (not sure if we are allowed to name them here) and it cost £30 to have it dipped and polished.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

I used to work for a high st jeweller. The regularity of needing them recoated depends on how well looked after they are - if you never take it off it may need to be more regually than if you are careful about taking it off to apply handcream/do washing up etc.

You are usually looking at about £30. If you've had the ring less than a year then you should get it for free at the place it was bought from.

• Duckford20
    Beginner April 2012
    Duckford20 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks both. Do they send the ring off or do it at the actual jewellers? My ring was from an independent shop but it's 50 miles away do may take it to high street store.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

High st stores don't tend to have the special equipment needed on site so they'd send it away. Independant may also do this but is more likely to have the kit - could you ring and find out? Might be worth the trip if you knew you'd get it back same day?

Beginner
    28/07/12bride ·
    • Hide content

Where have you got your WR from? My jeweller is going to do mine FOC (well included in the price of WR)

• E
    Beginner July 2012
    emmanholmes84 ·
    • Hide content

I think the price can vary we're we got out weddin rings from they re dipped my engagement ring and re sized it free of charge, the woman said it was usually about £60 but everywhere will be different

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I have mine done every 5 years at Goldsmiths - it costs £30 for mine.

• gee_gee
    Beginner August 2013
    gee_gee ·
    • Hide content

I take my ER off to shower, clean, wash my hand etc, and it's been replated 4 times in less than 2 years! Ernest Jones send them away and it takes a week to get back which is getting right on my wick! That being said, they've done mine for free every time.

ETA this is why I'm planning to get a palladium WR!

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jo33 ·
    • Hide content

With my engagement ring, I have a 10 year warranty on it, so if anything needs doing to it, I just take it back to the store and its covered. Warranty is kept up, if I take it in every 6 months for a clean and a check. Otherwise I think they said its about 30 pounds to have it re-coated.

• Carli_Joanna
    Carli_Joanna ·
    • Hide content

It shouldn't cost more than £30. How often it will need re-doing depends - it varies from person to person from every year to every 5 or more years!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics