Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Savvy May 2022 Lancashire

Registerers

Jodie, 1 of May of 2021 at 19:26 Posted on Planning 0 12
Hello,

How long are people finding ceremony officers are ringing people back to book the ceremony for venues.
I rang a couple of weeks ago to book a registerer for my wedding and still not had a call back. We are getting married May 2022.

12 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 11:25
  • Abiscott
    Curious August 2022 Derbyshire
    Abiscott ·
    • Hide content

I’ve just booked a registrar with Chesterfield register office. I rang once to enquire about availability and again to actually book, both my calls were returned within 30 minutes.

Although it is possible that your office may not be working at full capacity yet with covid restrictions? Probably worth chasing them though!

• J
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am under Lancashire County Council, my venue said it could take up to three months for them to get in touch with me , but I'm just worried incase they can't do the date and time and I have already been told to book suppliers. When you ring them they say they are still trying to book in weddings what got canceled, it's so frustrating.
  • J
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Did you contact your local register office rather than the main council? As with Lancashire county council website it says ring a number which I did and spoke with someone and they said a ceremony officer will contact me. Is that what you did?
  • Abiscott
    Curious August 2022 Derbyshire
    Abiscott ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My venue said to contact the local register office, and yes, someone answered and said someone from the ceremony team would call me back, luckily I only had to wait 30 mins as you can’t really move forward with planning until the registrar is confirmed.

I can’t believe Lancashire will keep you hanging for up to 3 months!

• J
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My venue told me to book supplies and j said what if we can't get the right date and time, she said that's never happened before. But do I trust that? I emailed them last week, I found an email for the ceremony officer online and she wrote back to me and said can you send an email with venue, time and date and we will look for availability and she hasn't emailed me back!
  • Jasmine
    Curious August 2023 Norfolk
    Jasmine ·
    • Hide content
    Is there an option for you to book online? I have already booked my ceremony for 2023 as my county have an online booking system
  • J
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where abouts would that option be if they had one? The only thing I have seen is is about booking notice of marriage online??
  • Jasmine
    Jasmine ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m getting married in Norfolk so just googled ‘Norfolk registrar’ and there is a link to the council/government website called ‘Book the Registrar’ and I just filled in my details, what I wanted, date, location and time and then they confirmed by email. Closer to the time of the wedding we then get in contact them again to give notice Smiley smile
  • J
    Jodie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have just had a look, gosh your lucky haha we don't have that facility
  • Jasmine
    Jasmine ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sorry I just assumed it would be a nationwide thing! Didn’t realise we had it so easy! 😂
  • G
    Beginner August 2021 Oxfordshire
    Gemma ·
    • Hide content
    It seems to vary. We're booking last minute (August this year) and checked with both Northants and Oxfordshire for registra availablity. Booth warned they were taking 14/15 days to respond to enquiries but Oxfordshire only took 2 days and had the availability we needed. Northants still haven't got back to me....
  • Emily
    Beginner September 2023 Hertfordshire
    Emily ·
    • Hide content

Oxfordshire have been amazing. I emailed and they responded within 24 hours confirming they had my requested time available. I just had to reply to ask them to hold it for me and they are now holding it for 30 days. I have to email back on the 25th May to confirm the booking, then they will call me to take payment. I was shocked at the efficiency because my wedding is not until Sept 2023 so I thought I would get told call back on a few months

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics