Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Curious March 2017

Registrar booking

Daffodil2017, 17 of March of 2016 at 08:36 Posted on Planning 0 7

Well my biggest stress at the moment is its coming up to one year to the date we have provisionally booked with our venue, so I need to book it properly with the registrar. They said they can't do it more than 12 months in advance, however I have only just realised that it's Good Friday ! So they won't be open Smiley sad do you think I should try the day before just in case??

I keep having horrible panics that they won't have any registrars available even though I was planning on calling at 8am!

7 replies

Latest activity by Daffodil2017, 24 of March of 2016 at 07:12
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I seem to remember that they were a nightmare to get hold of by phone. Constantly ringng and ringing trying. Someone mentioned that they could book an appointment online for theirs. Worth trying. Or ring them beforehand to find out which day you definitely need to ring to book them? Not what you want to hear when stressing sorry. X

• Shelly70
    Beginner July 2016
    Shelly70 ·
    • Hide content

We had the same stress of not being able to book until exactly 12 months before and I had already booked our reception venue as it was exactly what we wanted. I would be tempted to try ringing on the Thursday before Good Friday. I rang as soon as the office was open at 8.30am and was lucky enough to be the first one so got the date and time we wanted.

Good luck but I'm sure you will be fine.

Shelly x

• C
    Beginner May 2016
    claireo1981 ·
    • Hide content

If it helps to put your mind at rest, we only booked our registrar with 10 months to go, and that's for a saturday in May. If you're getting married on a friday in March, I wouldn't have thought you'd have a problem, even if you can't speak to them until the day after the bank holiday weekend. Anyone else looking to book for the same day will have the same issue about it being Good Friday.

Beginner November 2016
    1987RAF ·
    • Hide content

As they will most likely be closed on the 25th and 28th, can you not ring them and book an appointment for the Tuesday? I know you cant give notice until a year before the event, but can they not at least book you in for an appointment before hand as its only a couple of weeks.

Failing that, as they will be closed then at least no one else can book your date up whilst you cant.

• E
    Beginner May 2017
    Ellensmummy ·
    • Hide content

Hey, we paid £50 to reserve our date and and time with the registrar and then wait until 1 year/just over to give notice of marriage. Is this what you mean? We're in Buckinghamshire x

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same here, we payed £50 back in 2014 to reserve our date and time for 2017. We just have to give notice, which we can't do until 12 months out. We're in Solihull, West Mids.

I'd call them and talk to them - every council is different!

• R
    Beginner May 2017
    Rikki91 ·
    • Hide content

We paid £35 to provisional book our registrar. Where we are you can make a provisional booking with them up to 3 years in advanced and then pay the full booking fee to book them when you give notice anywhere frome 1 year to 12 weeks before the required date.

• D
    Curious March 2017
    Daffodil2017 ·
    • Hide content

I can't make any kind of booking with them until 12 months before, not even a provisional one, I wish I could have even for a fee. It's crazy when some venues book up a couple of years in advance!!

im going to phone them today just in case but I expect I will have to do it on Tuesday... Gah!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics