Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2013

Registrar Fess

lauraparry8784, 6 April, 2012 at 16:07 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light we are due to get married at a Place called High Rocks in Tunbridge Wells the registrar office for there is Crowborough I was just wondering if anyone had any indication of there fees???

Just trying to plan my budget

Thanks Laura x

7 replies

Latest activity by RebTheEck, 6 April, 2012 at 21:06
  • ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

I'm not from your area but you can normally find the fees on the local council website, there is a section on Births, Deaths and marriages. However, if you are getting married outside of thee register office the venue normally charge for the use of the room on top.

We paid £33.50 each to give notice (this confirms the date and time) and them we have £400 to pay and £3.50 for the marrige certificate. I know from previous threads that they veary dramatically from council to council.

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

Ours is pretty much the same too £33.50 each for the notice and then about £400 for the registrar Smiley smile expensive for 30 mins work.

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've found the fees for Crowborough which I hope I'm right in that it's the county of East Sussex!

When are you getting married at this makes a difference!

But it's £35 each so £70 for your notices

and £425 for a Saturday wedding in 2012 or £450 for a Saturday wedding in 2013

Your venue (High Rocks) will probably also charge you to use their venue for the ceremony.

HTH x

• MrsT-tobe
    Beginner June 2013
    MrsT-tobe ·
    • Hide content

I was shocked by the fees last week. Our fees are £37.50 plus £450 for the registrar to attend.

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

£37.50....is this for notices? If so are you sure? I'm certain notices are a standard price for all

• L
    Beginner August 2013
    lauraparry8784 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys I think I have a rough Idea now

Thanks

Laura x

• RebTheEck
    Beginner August 2013
    RebTheEck ·
    • Hide content

Think fee for notice of marriage is standard across the country - it has recently gone up to £35 each!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics