Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner

Registrar stress

ExpensiveBrownConfetti49830, 3 of April of 2020 at 23:47 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi all,

We have paid for a deposit for an Essex venue on 12th March. I work in a school and have been so preoccupied with work and then preparing for closures, I haven’t had the chance to call the registrar. Our wedding venue is booked for 17th December 2021.

Now the registrars have shut until July. I feel unbelievably stressed that I won’t be able to get a registrar booking for our date.

How likely are they to not have our date? Any advice? Any thoughts or experiences? Anything at all would help right now!

Thanks!

4 replies

Latest activity by Helen, 1 of June of 2023 at 12:42
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Are you sure they are closed until July? Our local registrar is closed, but only until the lockdown is over, which is not likely to last until July.

It's impossible to tell if your date will be available - it all depends on how many registrars are available and how many weddings are happening on that day. Since you can't book until they reopen, try not to worry about it - at least if you can't book, neither can anyone else, so if they're not fully booked already, no one will be able to steal your day until they're open again.

• H
    Beginner July 2021
    HappyBrownConfetti14236 ·
    • Hide content

Hi I am having the exact same stress! Booked the venue end of Feb and started booking suppliers in, then all this happened. I had tried to ring to sort it not long after I’d booked and kept getting messed around ring back at this time oh sorry they’re not in office atm etc! Especially with being a teacher I could only ring at certain times. So I rang back a week or 2 ago and they’ve told me they’re not taking on new bookings probably till the end of the year and are prioritising postponed weddings so I might not even know if someone’s available till 6 months before! Think it’s all a bit ridiculous and seems to totally depend on which registration office you’re with. Not sure what I’m going to do but I might try ringing back in July if some are getting told then. Hope everything gets sorted for you I would just keep ringing every couple of weeks to find out if anything’s changed that’s what I’m going to have to do!

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I know it's not much help to you guys, but for anyone else in future - I'd really recommend getting a provisional date from your venue and then booking your registrar before doing anything else. You can always find another photographer, hairdresser, caterer or even venue, but if you haven't got a registrar, you can't have a wedding.

• S
    SunnyBlueCakes91703 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I would recommend emailing them as they are most likely looking at emails so you can secure the date which is the most important thing.

Charlene

(Wedding Planner)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics