Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Beginner November 2022 Worcestershire

Registrar worries?!

Emily, 12 of July of 2022 at 19:11 Posted on Planning 0 5
I've done so much googling it's unreal. I'm very very worried I won't get a registrar on our date. We booked a last dates of the year offer and because of that our wedding is 4 months (today!) away.
I put in a request with the registrar's last Friday, I live in the worcestershire area. I've seen people waiting weeks but I can't wait weeks our date is only on hold with the venue til the 20th 馃槱 We've booked a few vendors because the venue is very confident they should be available as it's off peak in November.
I guess I'm just looking for some advice on the short timeframe, should I call them if I don't hear by this Friday? I just don't know!

5 replies

Latest activity by Lise, 13 of July of 2022 at 13:38
  • T
    Beginner July 2017
    Tilly2103
    • Hide content
    Comment deleted
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley
    • Hide content

We requested our registrar on Good Friday and I rang them the Tuesday after to get a sense of how long the wait could be because we had a provisional hold on our venue. They said to give them a week before I chased it up but they came back at 5pm that day. I was really impressed they confirmed the first working day after I requested, as like you say, a lot of people on here have had to wait weeks. I think it varies so much by council but if you don't hear within a week then I would chase them. The worry you may have is trying to get an appointment to give notice because we had to wait 3 months for an available slot and you only have 3 months left. If you have to call them to chase your booking then I would enquire about the wait for an appointment as well.

• Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass
    • Hide content

Definitely call them and nag them. We were able to do the registrar booking online but I know it varies by council. For this you need to speak to someone anyway. We booked the registrar a long time in advance in April 2021 (for a 23rd July 2022 wedding) after emailing to find out availability beforehand but we did struggle with a notice appointment as by the time this May came round they were very busy and we had to take a pretty inconvenient (for my FH anyway) middle of the day appointment as legally you have to do it 29 days before the ceremony. I found the notice part the most stressful as on their website they had no availability. Got there in the end but good luck!

• Emily
    Beginner November 2022 Worcestershire
    Emily
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankyou girls, I rang them today and they said there's a 10 day callback range 馃檮 I said my venues only holding for a short amount of time and they said well they should know this.. !!
    I'm not very impressed but I guess it's my fault for trying to get a good deal on an earlier date 馃ぃ
  • L
    Beginner December 2023 Hampshire
    Lise
    • Hide content
    We had a nightmare with our registrar. We originally were getting married in the registery office but found a venue in same town so decided to have a civil. The date and time we booked apparently couldn鈥檛 be done in said venue so we had to wait two weeks to find out if they could move the date.
    Because of covid and people swapping dates more registery offices are booked solid.
    I wouldn鈥檛 leave it too long and maybe do a follow up call Friday and mention time limits and things. We have notice 30 days before our wedding because we live out of wedding venue place and they were that full we nearly faced missing out having a wedding at all. Fingers crossed x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics