Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner October 2013

registrar's fee's

sazzajw, 15 February, 2013 at 16:55 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hiya officially got engaged yesterday, but we had started to arrange our marriage anyway. so today we have been to look at a venue, which we love!!! we will need to book the registrar to attend, but was just wondering if anyone knew if we had to pay registrar's fee's up front? or if we paid them on the day?

We have saved a little money so far, but can't afford to pay registrar's fee's and deposit for hotel at same time...and really want to secure this hotel

16 replies

Latest activity by K.A.M, 17 February, 2013 at 14:39
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Firstly hello congrats and welcome!

It really depends on the local authority you are to be married in.

Generally you pay a deposit to secure the date then pay the rest x amount of days before the ceremony. Not forgetting fees for giving notice on top.

• Legs_2013
    Beginner April 2013
    Legs_2013 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We had to pay a £50 booking fee/deposit , then the remaning is £350 although currently I am awaiting there new pricing as this is due to go up in April! 3 weeks before we get married!

I am not to sure if diffrent areas charge a diffrent about you will need to find your local office,

I did pay bnith o the same day as no one would book and confirm the date without the deposit

Hope this helps

Legs x

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sam12345 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Congratulations!

I will admit I was shocked by the registrar fee (we are in Cheshire), we paid £80 deposit and the total cost is £630 but it really depends on your area. You can give your local registrar a call and they give you the details. We paid our holding deposit and 12 months before our date will go to give notice (and no doubt pay a little more).

Xx

• S
    Beginner October 2013
    sazzajw ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for replying!!! i did ring register office when i got home from the hotel but they had shut for the weekend Smiley sad

i bet it's the same everywhere and will only have to find a deposit for now, which means i can book hotel woooohooooo lol

• S
    Beginner October 2013
    sazzajw ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow your fee's are quite expensive!! i'm in leicester and it's £340 for a saturday wedding

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sam12345 ·
    • Hide content

I know as soon as I booked I posted on here I couldn't believe the price. It's a Saturday 2.00pm because 3.00pm was more.

• MrsFoz-2b
    Beginner April 2014
    MrsFoz-2b ·
    • Hide content

We have paid a £100 deposit, at the moment the price for next year is £420 but she said to us that it will go up in march this year and again next march!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

We had to pay ours in full before we married. We paid £100 to secure the date and then the remaining £450 about a week later so that it was out of the way.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

My local council (st.albans) ask for £70 to have your first set of interviews (£35 each) when you first register the marriage. Then I think it's a futher £450 4weeks before the wedding. Something like that. Oh plus £8 for a copy of the marriage certificate once you're married.

• L
    Beginner
    loobylou2801 ·
    • Hide content

Our registrar fees are £329, we had to pay a £45 deposit when we booked and will have to pay the balance 6-8 weeks before the big day. We will also have to pay £35 each to give notice.

• soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content

We had to pay £25 booking fee to hold the date and then the other £260 6weeks before.

• Augustwedding13
    Beginner August 2013
    Augustwedding13 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

We initially paid an £80 depsoit (last year) and just owe £460 to be paid 4 weeks before ceremony xx

• Wedding DJ
    Wedding DJ ·
    • Hide content

Check with your registrar - they will let you know exactly - it's usually a deposit first and payment some weeks prior

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

It's been said already, but it varies place to place.

In Kent, it's expensive - I think our total including the certificate came to £690ish, but we had to pay a £50 a year ahead, then the balance was due 16 weeks before the wedding, but we opted to pay for everything when we went to give notice a couple weeks ago.

• K
    Beginner June 2013
    K.A.M ·
    • Hide content

Are these fees just for civil ceremony's or church wedding too? we are getting married in a catholic church but no fee's like this amount have been mentioned to us yet.

• S
    Beginner October 2013
    sazzajw ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

these are civil ceremony fee's... i know you have to pay a registrar's fee for a church wedding but i don't think it's half as much as civil ceremony fee's

• K
    Beginner June 2013
    K.A.M ·
    • Hide content

Thanks - glad to hear that. started to panic reading through the post, just looked through our papers from the church and they say £150 payable o the church so im assuming its that.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics