Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Dedicated June 2023 Greater Manchester

Registrars to attend your ceremony / confirming venue

Rachel, 13 of October of 2021 at 08:05 Posted on Planning 0 4
Hi everybody!
Hope your all having a lovely time planning your weddings it’s so exciting!
Please can somebody give us some advice We have found a venue we would like get married in 2023 and we have got a date that the venue have got on hold for us for two weeks abs it’s due to run out this weekend Smiley sad if not we will have to pay a deposit however we are waiting for the registrars to come back to confirm that date is available.There is a big back log however we need to know do we don’t loose the venue we have decided on a Thursday so it’s more likely available .We just don’t know what to do Please help!

4 replies

Latest activity by Rachel, 16 of October of 2021 at 09:53
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Try calling the registrars office and explain the situation and see if they can check availability, I did it all on the phone, but I know every area is different. I would say you should be fine, but it is a risk to book deposit without having the registrar confirmed. Maybe ask the venue if they can hold a bit longer, ask if they have had interest in the date, if not then they should be reasonable and hold it but say if they have interest then let you know so you can decide.

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you 😀 I will phone them up
  • Sophiehannah
    Savvy June 2023 Cheshire
    Sophiehannah ·
    • Hide content
    Call the registrar office up, thats what we did as i had no response to emails sent. I called and booked them for our wedding date over the phone. £765 it cost i was gobsmacked!! Hope you got sorted x
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you , I rang up on wednesday and didn’t get far which is annoying , I sent an email on Thursday as the email failed/ bounced back two days before when I sent it and it went through this time which was very strange . I am going to ring them again on Monday as a lot of people I’ve spoke to have heard back. Also got to speak to our venue to see if they will hold it a bit longer fingers crossed , was it straight forward on the phone when you eventually heard back ?xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics