Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Registry Office

24 October, 2011 at 21:46 Posted on Planning 0 38

Hi,

We were planning on getting married in our reg office, mainly due to costs, (haven't booked anything yet though) but after seeing reg offices on DTTB and having seen photos of a friends wedding a a reg office, it seems they don't have "aisles" to walk down and you kind of just enter at the side and walk round the seats?

If any of you got married at a reg office did you have a "aisle" to walk down?

If not I don't know if I do want to get married at the reg office as it just wouldn't feel weddingy, we've compromised on a lot of stuff but this would just be weird.

I have looked on the website and on the photo you can't really tell as its not of the whole room, and when I phoned to ask if I could come and view the room the woman was trying to put me off viewing it and assured me it would be up to standard?

Help Smiley smile

38 replies

Latest activity by ellenlouiserobson, 25 October, 2011 at 19:59
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I've been to one at South Shields town hall and that had an aisle. The rest have all been church or civil ceremonies at the venue. What Registry Office is it? We may be able to find some real wedding pics?

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married in Positano town hall/registry office, Italy. There's no real aisle there either, just walking past the chairs I think. It didn't bother me TBH I didn't even think about it, the walking down the aisle bit lasts for less than a minute and even in a town hall they still all get to turn around and see your big entrance in your dress!

I would be slightly concerned that they're trying to put you off seeing the room though, makes me wonder if it's either because they're mad busy or because it doesn't look great.

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

My parents got married there 25 years ago Smiley smile

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.sunderlandcitycouncil.com/virtualtour/virtualtour.asp

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

I'd ring again and try and get someone else...or just pop in and ask to see

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

?

• ellenlouiserobson
    Beginner August 2012
    ellenlouiserobson ·
    • Hide content

My sister got married at Peterlee Registry office and they had a small isle for you to walk down, from the looks of the pictures they do too x

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married in a reg office and didnt view before booking i just chose the biggest room that sat 120 guests instead of the 14 seater and have the same worries after seeing a pic, mine is Bath guildhalls alkmaar room its actually an old court room and i didnt know, so there are 2 levels the actual seats you walk past and guests above and around you, the aisle is in an L shape so you walk through a side door then past 5 rows of seats so not big at all but as long as i send bms down first it will be fine, i cant afford to change things now so just going to go with it, i am fast realising the marriage itself is important not the things i have been stressing over good luck x

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same. We just chose the smallest room as we're not having guests. The registrar insisted on showing us though. There wasn't an aisle, we have to walk past seats.

(Not an issue for me though, due to me and OH walking in together, and lack of guests.)

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I suggest you go and see it and if it's not what you want, find somewhere else if possible.

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

me neither, unfortunately we had already booked the RO before we realised.

I would advise you to call the ROs in your area. Ask them. It is not a weird question to ask! Many ROs DO have aisles, I have been to other weddings and seen it!

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

I would go and have a look,i am sure you will find one with an aisle,i totally get what you mean as i wanted the same. This is the registry office i got married in.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

Miss Rae your not getting married in the small room at sunderland are you?

Just I went to a wedding there where there was only 8 of us including the bride and groom and there is defo no aisle in there lol!

Unfortunately I didnt get to see the bigger room when we were there - my uncle got married there earlier this year but I didnt go to the actual ceremony due to costs. From what they said there is no aisle as such because of the layout of the room but you do appear from behind your guests! Maybe ask to view it again as they may be able to change layout of chairs.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

Ah sorry about that but atleast you have looked at it now and know its not what you want!

Have you seen the quayside exchange is sunderland they do civil ceremonies not sure of the price though but i know they do wedding packages with everything included. Ive not been to a wedding there but have been to a wedding breakfast and evening reception which was good - you would also still be close enough to the park for photos!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

My mam and step dad had their reception there in 1998!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Well it was in 2008 and I was 15 at the time but from what I remember it was nice! They had a ceilidh for the reception. Most people said it was one of the best weddings they had been to. As I say though, it was a long time ago.

They didn't have their ceremony there though - they got married at St Gregory's in South Shields.

• ellenlouiserobson
    Beginner August 2012
    ellenlouiserobson ·
    • Hide content

I love the Quayside exchange and if I didn't have a lot of elderly relatives I would have had my reception there! I'm only in Peterlee Smiley smile

You should try contacting them and see if they would be willing to put together a price for a small reception, some of my friends have had small events there and they were happy to help x

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is the same for us. We went for The Holiday Inn because of my family travelling so far plus it was quite cheap.

• ellenlouiserobson
    Beginner August 2012
    ellenlouiserobson ·
    • Hide content

Another lovely place to try is Seaham Hall Spa

It's gorgeous in there and I don't think it's -that- pricey

xx

https://www.seaham-hall.co.uk/downloads/wedding_package.pdf

• ellenlouiserobson
    Beginner August 2012
    ellenlouiserobson ·
    • Hide content

Martinos in Seaham is nice too, I looked there for our reception before I found my current one

http://www.martinosgroup.com/weddings.asp

It's very new but still classic! If you wanted something different there is a place in Seaham called Lickety Split which is an Ice cream parlour they do parties but not 100% sure about weddings / receptions x

• ellenlouiserobson
    Beginner August 2012
    ellenlouiserobson ·
    • Hide content

I love it too Smiley laugh Yummy yummy yum!

I am sure you will find a place you love Smiley smile Even if you need to save a little bit extra for it I'm sure it'll be all perfect for you x

• ellenlouiserobson
    Beginner August 2012
    ellenlouiserobson ·
    • Hide content

Ooo awesome! I hope you get it!! The job market is so tough at the moment. I just got out of my previous job before the place closed down unexpectedly. I'm working in Billingham at the moment which is a bit of a trek but better than nothing.

I haven't been into Sunderland for ages! We used to always go to the Panda with work x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics