Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk

Registry office music

Hayley, 23 of October of 2021 at 09:46 Posted on Planning 0 8
Hello all, just wondering if any of you have registry office marriage experience? I understand you supply your own music. Would this be a song to enter, 2 to sign the register and 1 to leave? Also, who plays the music? Thanks.

8 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 24 of October of 2021 at 20:42
  • Rhiannon
    Beginner March 2023 Durham
    Rhiannon ·
    • Hide content
    I was a bridesmaid at a registry office wedding and the bride and groom provided a list of songs to the venue to be played. I think they were asked to provide 1 for the aisle, 3 for signing the register and 1 for their exit. Once they’d provided the venue with a list, they sorted the rest out from there. I suspect it varies a bit from venue to venue though so I’m sure the registry office would be able to guide you as well.
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah fantastic, thank you. I'll see what they say nearer the time, but that gives us something to work with for now 😊
  • Voiceoftruth
    Dedicated October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Voiceoftruth ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like a lot for signing the register - especially since it all changed in May. We only have to sign one piece of paper once at ours, although it is a church wedding so may be different...

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was wondering how the changes to signing would affect the length of time it takes
  • Voiceoftruth
    Dedicated October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Voiceoftruth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

At our wedding tomorrow (eek!) we will only do one signature each. It won’t take long at all, maximum two minutes including walking to the table etc. We aren’t having any music playing because it won’t take long enough to fill a piece of music and we don’t want the posed photo of it. Maybe if you want the traditional photo, a piece of music or two isn’t useful...

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you and congratulations! Hope it all goes well and you have a lovely day 🙂
  • Rhiannon
    Beginner March 2023 Durham
    Rhiannon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sorry, perhaps should have said that the wedding I’m talking about was a couple of years ago so before COVID. May have changed now Smiley smile
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No worries at all 🙂

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics