Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kizzi10000
Beginner August 2016

Registry office music - anyone else been asked this?

kizzi10000, 4 of August of 2016 at 19:05 Posted on Planning 0 4

Just had a text from the OH saying he'd had a call from the registry office about our music, and would we be sending what we wanted to them before the day, or taking the chance it would play on their system?

Having already asked that music be submitted in CD format on the ceremony details form I assumed we would be taking cd's with us on the day. What ever sound system have they got that may not play your bog standard shop bought cd?! And they're happy for us to send a bunch of cd's in the post, that could get lost in transit (I've had more than one things I've ordered in the past just not turn up), leaving us with no music but what they could provide!

I'm a good half an hour away, OH another hour at least on top of that during the week, he's working this coming weekend, leaving us one weekend if we chose to drop the discs in to them, and that weekend I plan on getting the son's hair cut and visiting my sister who'll be over from Hong Kong for the wedding. Not dropping off music so they can check a basic dc will play...

Sorry for a bit of a 'moment', just seemed a really stupid thing to bring up. If they'd said any music format then ok, what with all the different ways of storing stuff these days, but when they've already specified cd... OH said we'd think about it, meaning it will be down to me to decide lol. Take it with me on the day then, all labelled up so they know what's what and when to play it. Simples. And if it doesn't play, I'll take some vinyl as back up ?

4 replies

Latest activity by Shelly70, 8 of August of 2016 at 15:50
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I think what they are saying is to supply it on a cd rather than a memory stick, the cd is just the storage and the "if it will play" bit may be dependant upon how it is written to the cd, like you say there are loads of ways and it seems in the past they have had some that wont play. If it is s original music cd then ther should be no problem at all.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

• R
    Dedicated July 2017
    RomanticBrownFlowers354 ·
    • Hide content

I think they are just trying to make sure that everything goes without a hitch on the day. It's fairly common that some CDs just don't play in some CD players and I guess they are trying to check that it is working before a jumpy CD and awkward moment on the day. If you are only half hour away then it is 1 hour of your time to have this certainty, if it doesn't worry you, then just wait until the day.

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guy, think I'll take the chance. I know things can be written to cd's in different ways, but these are new discs bought for the wedding, and work fine on my laptop, so don't see why there should/could be a problem

As for dropping them in, the place will only be open during the week, and I don't have transport until the weekends. The only chance we'll get is the Friday before the wedding when the OH drops me and the daughter at the hotel.

• Shelly70
    Beginner July 2016
    Shelly70 ·
    • Hide content

We had the same issue but we decided to submit the music a week in advance and tested that it played on their cd player before the day.

It was absolutely fine but our first attempt at putting the music onto cd went wrong and it only played on certain machines or jumped about.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics