Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shnarfy1
Beginner November 2010

Registry Office Questions

Shnarfy1, 2 June, 2010 at 17:00 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hey all,

We are still waiting for FIL2B's birth certificate in the post and then we will be able to go back to the registry office for the giving intent of marriage. When we went the first time (and got turned away for not having parent's birth certificates) they said they were going to see us in seperate rooms and then have a talk with us together. What exactly goes on? What is discussed during the initial interview and also do you have to have subsequent visits back to the registry office closer to the time? I'm getting myself all riled up because I'm clueless as to what happens!

6 replies

Latest activity by Daisy82, 2 June, 2010 at 19:54
  • ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

I was the same.. dont worry

had our "interview" april and it was separate, just confirmed who you were etc, proof of id but asked questions about OH.. ie name, occupation, DOB.. i think.. I just had to prep him on time of marriage just in case.. heheh

dont worry, she gave us some forms to fill in and send in later which is what we want in the service and important bits and she will see OH at xxx time on the day and me xxx time on the day

dont worry xx

• flutterbye
    Beginner
    flutterbye ·
    • Hide content

It's very straightforward, they mostly talked to us together but separated us for a few minutes and asked each other's name and occupation. H2b and I didn't give the same answers though! Then you have to sign some papers and pay some money. They also talked us through the ceremony and gave us a form to fill in with music/vows etc when we had decided on them. I guess the separate rooms thing is just a check that neither party is being forced into anything.

• Shnarfy1
    Beginner November 2010
    Shnarfy1 ·
    • Hide content

Phew, I thought it was going to be an interrogation of some sort!! You've put my mind at rest, thank you!

• Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

They also ask if you are related. it made me giggle, don't think the registrar found it as funny though.

• Shnarfy1
    Beginner November 2010
    Shnarfy1 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my goodness, imagine if you said yes just for a laugh!!

• cola
    Beginner September 2010
    cola ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

i actually laugh when she said that too, it caught me a bit off guard! i also got OH's occupation wrong ? it turns out that he has a posh title for sitting at a computer all day! mine was pretty laid back, there is nothing to worry about, the reason they interview seperately is just to make sure your a genuine couple or not being forced into.

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My brother married our cousin. But it went fine x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics