Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HappyPinkHair15172
Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside

Registry Office reopening

HappyPinkHair15172, 23 of April of 2020 at 08:06 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi all

Looking for advice, please.

The Liverpool Registry Office is closed to the public, the website does not allow any provisional changes of date online and there’s no information about when it will reopen.

Does anyone have a similar situation in their area and maybe know when theirs will fully reopen? Just thinking it might give me an idea about the length of Liverpool’s closure?

TIA

Ali

4 replies

Latest activity by HappyPinkHair15172, 5 of May of 2020 at 22:28
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

No one knows. Some registry offices have said they will be closed until 'at least' a specific date, while others just say they will be closed until the lockdown lifts, but until that happens (and not even those making the decisions seem to know when that will be) none of them can know when they will be able to reopen. All we can do is hope it won't be long!

• S
    Curious August 2018
    SpecialEdition1987 ·
    • Hide content

Due to Covid, most Register Offices are currently only registering deaths.

They may have a skeleton staff answering emails. Maybe a quick email to them may assuage your fears?

• HappyPinkHair15172
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

Yes, I have emailed them, but not really expecting them to reply anytime soon.

i do understand how busy they must be.

Wouldn’t you think some sort of online calendar would be available for a quick availability check? That function runs behind the website during normal service, as you have to provisionally book a date even before you go to give notice!

cheers Ali

• L
    Beginner May 2021
    LuxuriousRedStationery68521 ·
    • Hide content

Hey Ali, super stressful isn't it?! We are in Liverpool too and due to get married at Liverpool register office on the 20th of June. I heard back from them after asking the same thing and here is their response...

Sadly we are as much in the dark, as our couples, with regards to when the Register Office will be open as usual and the ban on weddings lifted.
    Following the announcement made by the Prime Minister, all weddings and civil partnerships were cancelled with immediate effect.
    This is a period of unprecedented uncertainty for all of us with no one knowing how long the Covid-19 pandemic will last for.
    With this in mind, we are only currently rearranging existing bookings for dates after 1st October 2020. If you require a date after this, please email us at **********@*********.***.** and we will contact you in due course in order to transfer your booking.
    If you require a date prior to this, we are sorry that we are unable to accommodate your request at this time. We can hold your booking as ‘to be arranged’ in order to give you time to see if the situation changes or alternatively we can provide you with a full refund of your ceremony fee if you have already paid in full.

So I think the general message is that if you want to rearrange for after the 1st of October get in touch and they will sort it, but if you want to get married earlier, sit tight and keep your fingers crossed!

I hope you are managing to stay sane during this uncertain time xx

• HappyPinkHair15172
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Quick update.

Liverpool Registrars replied this afternoon confirming our date change, so hopefully everyone else should hear from them soon!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics