Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle772012
Beginner July 2012

Registry office seperate arrival

Michelle772012, 31 of August of 2011 at 11:34 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hey Hitchers

Have searched the blogs and cant find an answer, does anyone know what happens with regards to arriving seperately at the reg office i am a bit nervous i want my dad to walk me down the aisle but in my pack it says both me and oh are interview'd for a second time just before seperately or together do they send you info about when to arrive or where to go so that you are seperate i dont want to walk in with the rest of the guests or oh as i want them to see my merangue at the same time lol

i'm probably being a bit blonde but the pack just asks for the music and words etc we want plus payment 8 weeks before and i'd like to know what to expect,

any help gratefully recieved

8 replies

Latest activity by Michelle772012, 31 of August of 2011 at 11:55
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

You and your OH will be interviewed briefly, just to confirm the details and that you aren't being pressured into the marriage (to try and prevent sham marriages apparently) and you can have your interviews separately, or together if you aren't bothered about him seeing you in your finery.

He will usually be interviewed first then go in and take his seat at the front of the venue, then when you have had your interview your dad will be able to go and meet you and then walk you down in the traditional manner at the appropriate time.

You just need to make sure you OH needs to be there in good time and "out of the way" when you arrive, which may be of course with your dad anyway. He'll just have to hang around until he's called at the end of your interview for the grand entrance.

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

As our registrar put it she'll have a chat with OH when he gets there and then nip and have a chat with me when I get there. So it doesn't matter that we're not there together.

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Oh fab thanks for that ive told everyone to get there 20 mins before inc him so they def wont see me, he is under the impression my dress is purple lol xx

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

This is one thing that upset me at the register office.

When I arrived, my guests and ex were outside as they weren't allowed in until just before. I didn't want to get out of the limo. I then had to walk past my guests and ex to get to the room to be interviewed

I'm sure (I hope!) other register offices are different though

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

The guests and my OH will arrive at 14.15,he will have a chat and everyone will be seated. I will arrive at 14.25 and have a chat then marriage at 14.30. It was important to me that i did not see my OH prior to walking down the isle.

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content

Hi Michelle,

Yes you can have your interviews separately ? A few registry offices we've covered have a separate room for the bride to wait in with her dad, bridesmaids etc too so there's no chance of them being seen by any of the guests. Worth giving your registry office a quick ring to see what their set up is.

Alison x

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

I hope so our reg office is the guildhall bath its big enough for them to get out of the way knowing my luck though something like that would happen saying that we are the last of the day so hopefully they wont wabnt them hanging around x

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Skybright did they send you timeslots for everything thats so good, this is my 2nd marriage and 1st was reg office but small and walked in together plus i dont really count it i was preggers and kind of forced into it i was 18, 10 yrs on this is the real thing and my choice so i want perfection plus my dad wasnt a part of my life then he is now and it would mean the world to me for it to be done as traditionally as poss, my mum sadly passed away 6 yrs ago and when i knew she was ill i found dad x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics