Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LeedsBride
Beginner September 2012

Registry office wedding?

LeedsBride, 19 August, 2011 at 21:44 Posted on Planning 0 5

I haven't posted on here for a while (but I have been lurking ?)

I was just wondering what you guys thought of registry offices as a venue? what are the pros and cons? We are considering it as we both want a small wedding Smiley smile

5 replies

Latest activity by Civil Ceremonies, 20 August, 2011 at 09:06
  • B
    Beginner June 2012
    birdboo ·
    • Hide content

It's the promises that you make to each other not the venue or party that are important. ?

I wish we were having a far smaller registry office wedding rather than the venue driven one we are.

• Big Apple
    Beginner February 2013
    Big Apple ·
    • Hide content

Some of the buildings are beautiful. The one in Liverpool is soon to move to the town hall which is one of the most beautiful buildings I've ever been in to (history/architect geek that I am!) Another of the registry offices around here if you have the last wedding of the day you have full use of the grounds and can get married in the gazebo in the gardens, which are beautiful. Other registry offices are set in the middle of a concrete jungle! Ultimately on your wedding day when you're saying your vows will you be thinking...I'll Love you forever...or...I wish I was in a swanky hotel... If its the latter I suggest you reconsider your wedding plans!!

• T
    Beginner June 2012
    TheDitzyOne ·
    • Hide content

We are having Dudley Register office which is also referred to as Priory Halls in Dudley. its a grade (2?) listed building and is absolutely beautiful

• LeedsBride
    Beginner September 2012
    LeedsBride ·
    • Hide content

Being married to my other half is the most important thing to me (no matter where it is). I get uncomfortable in big crowds, so I think a small pretty registry office would suit us completely ?.

• S
    Beginner August 2011
    sammyjean ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm having a registry office wedding (in 7 days!!!) and I can't wait. I live in Poole in Dorset. The registry office building used to be part of a civic centre development, along with Police and Council offices, on an actual roundabout. The Registry office then moved across town to the Guildhall, an 18th C stone grade 2 listed building, which is lovely. So I guess we are lucky in Poole!!

Wherever you are, its what goes on inside that building between the 2 of you which is important!

• C
    Civil Ceremonies ·
    • Hide content

Don't forget that you can get married in any register office - it doesn't have to be your local one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics