Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner November 2017

Registry Office Wedding

RomanticOrangeBridesmaid917, 29 of October of 2017 at 00:06 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for some reassurance really. I’m due to get married in 3 weeks time, we’re having the ceremony at our local registry office with 30 guests, then a big party afterwards. I am having bridesmaids and my partner is having best man and our son is page boy, my question is, is it too much to wear a full wedding dress for a registry office wedding? I fell in love with a beautiful traditional wedding gown and bought it a few months ago, but in the last couple of weeks I have been feeling anxious about it as I’m worried that people may think it’s OTT for the registry office. Am I overthinking it? I want to feel like a bride and I always imagined wearing a beautiful dress on my wedding day. Has anyone else opted for a traditional gown at a registry office?

Thank you all in advance for any advice!☺️☺️

4 replies

Latest activity by MrsWtoB, 1 of November of 2017 at 14:30
  • L
    Beginner March 2018
    LuxuriousPinkCakes651 ·
    • Hide content

Hell yes! A registry office wedding is no less of a wedding than any other. Wear whatever makes you happy. I will be in my wedding dress in March for my wedding at my local registry office.

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

Definitely not too much at all! It's your wedding, whether you're getting married in a barn, a registry office, a cathedral or on the beach! Wear what you want to wear - it's your day xx

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

I agree - wear whatever floats your boat! We were going to have a registry office wedding & I think I still would have bought the same dress I wore - we changed plans in the end to a civil ceremony elsewhere but go for it!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

When I photograph registry office weddings most brides wear a proper wedding dress. Just wear the dress you love!

• M
    Beginner July 2018
    MrsWtoB ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married next July at our local registry office, with 30 guests.

I've bought a full length wedding dress.

You wear what you want and what you feel comfortable in.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics