Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2015

Registry office wedding, how does it work??!

MRSLUXTON2B, 6 of August of 2014 at 20:41 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi all

so we are having a registry office wedding now I no each one is different but how does it work with songs? Vows? Readings? Etc I had hoped we can write our own vows and my brother could do a reading?! Do you make an appointment before hand to discuss things?! I feel like I no nothing about what will actually happen at the ceremony!

Any thoughts or experiences would be great!

6 replies

Latest activity by Angela, 12 of May of 2023 at 22:27
  • MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

There are 2 types of registry office wedding; one is simple and you can't have any of the frills like music, one is more flouncy and you can have music, readings etc, so long as they are non religious, as this is not allowed by law. Ask your registry office for their brochure, that'll definitely help! Ours is great, even has checklists and ideas for readings etc

• charliejack
    Beginner October 2014
    charliejack ·
    • Hide content

Hi have you given notice yet? they usually show you the room and answer a couple of questions and you get a booklet with the vows in, and some readings that you may want. there is no singing but you can pick the music to walk down the aisle to, during the signing of the register and walking back up the aisle. you normally have to supply the music too.

im getting married in a register office and did for my first wedding. im almost sure you can write your own vows but they have to check theres nothing religious in them and same for the music xx

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married in a registry office in 24 days (eeek)!

this is how it went for us:

paid the deposit on our date and time

gave notice ( you do this when it gets to the year countdown) it's where you provide documents to prove who you are and that you can marry eachother, it's really easy and nothing to stress over)

at the giving notice we got given a wedding pack, this was for all the wording options like vows, promises and all, you normally pick 1 out of 3 options. You can right your own vows aswell.

Terenis also a page to weight down your music, but the music can have no reference to god. we burned our music on the disk and handed in our ceremony wording choices aswell as the music disc.

then you just have to pay off the balance if you haven't paid it in full wen booking, ours was 8 weeks prior to the wedding.

Then in the day you need to have another meeting, you can do this together or one at a time if you don't want your groom to see you. It's just to make sure te jobs and names that will be on the marriage cert are correct.

Hope this helps!

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    MRSLUXTON2B ·
    • Hide content

Oh thank you all for your responses I feel a lot better now I was worried I was planning things that migh not even be allowed,, sounds like I can hopefully do more or less everything I want!

Ekkkk,, that's so close,, I bet you just can't wait,, I still have 9 months left, 4th June 2015 so we haven't given notice yet they said that's either 16/12 weeks before, will have to phone back and check that! ?

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Yep just counting down the hours now ha!!

Some county's do things a tad different from others so your notice time your have been given may be correct, but worth a double cheek! Have fun wedding planning Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    MRSLUXTON2B ·
    • Hide content

Think I have bored everyone already! Haha

enjoy your big day!! X

• A
    Beginner July 2023 South Yorkshire
    Angela ·
    • Hide content
    Hi just a quick question? Want to walk down the little isle to our fav song, how long do you get? Is it about a minute, if so will cut the song down! Thanks in advance. Angela

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics