Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

millielovesroses
Beginner March 2014

Registry office wedding, music help!

millielovesroses, 6 of February of 2014 at 09:51 Posted on Planning 0 17

I know its my first post, but I read more than I write! Just wondered for those that are having a registry office wedding, what music are you walking in to? x

17 replies

Latest activity by Saskia1983, 9 of February of 2014 at 20:55
  • jenna1207
    Curious August 2014
    jenna1207 ·
    • Hide content

Hey there

We are having a civil wedding at the hotel so in the same position in that we aren't allowed any religious music/hymns (not religious anyway!)

I got a free CD with Brides magazine and there is some lovely classical music on there with suggestions as to what to use for signing register, walking up aisle etc - I know NOTHING about classical music but they sound nice and classy for the wedding!!

Alternatively, you could pick some ballady pop songs - we are thinking of having a pop song we both like that is a bit more upbeat for when we walk back up the aisle together....but haven't really had much thought on it yet!

We recently gave our notices to get married and the lady there was really helpful - we also got a booklet on personalising your civil ceremony which looks useful. You could always contact the registry office and ask for help with it?

Jen x

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

We're having 'Better' by Tom Baxter as its our song and I wanted it to be part of our day. We're also having it for our first dance as I don't see why you can't use the same piece of music twice ?

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

I am so desperate to walk in to Feel the Love by Rudimental but I don't know if I dare. ? Otherwise we are considering Lady by Modjo, Here,There & Everywhere by The Beatles (but Mr Foo not mad keen) or Only You by Yazoo. Dithering!

• millielovesroses
    Beginner March 2014
    millielovesroses ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your replies ladies, I will have a listen to your choices as I haven't heard of some of them! I must be getting old!! Not sure whether we want classical or pop yet, and I'm guessing mr will leave it up to me x

• jenna1207
    Curious August 2014
    jenna1207 ·
    • Hide content

Love that Rudimental song! Might be worth seeing if there is an acoustic version? Althouh the original would be awesome!

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

Tearing my hair out trying to find the perfect song as I really really want a Manic's song but none are 'weddingy'. Most likely going to have our friend play Manics - Small Black Flowers That Grow in the Sky on the acoustic guitar.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrstobe2014 ·
    • Hide content

Elvis Presley - Can't help falling in love with you Smiley heart

xx

• P
    Beginner August 2014
    Purplemunchkin ·
    • Hide content

We're not sure which track we're having for what, but we are having all Vitamin String Quartet tracks.

Look them up on YouTube, they do covers of all sorts of tracks, but are obviously a string quartet.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

If you want instrumental - the music from the balcony scene from Baz Luhrmanns Romeo & Juliet (the Leo diCaprio one) is absolutely beautiful. Makes me sob when i hear it!

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

I was going to walk into Amazed by Lonestar but when I got the pack from the registry office I saw that it was on their list of most popular songs and, we like to be a bit different, we changed our minds.

We are now having an orchestral version of the Game of Thrones theme. Beautiful piece of music and we are both huge fans of GoT (books and tv series) but suits us perfectly. The link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNicS-0BT3A

For signing the register we are having Signed, Sealed, Delivered by Stevie Wonder!

• millielovesroses
    Beginner March 2014
    millielovesroses ·
    • Hide content

Some really nice music people are having, im struggling to hold back the tears when I listen to some! x

• beccak
    Beginner September 2014
    beccak ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married at a private house with a civil license, hopefully outside and I'll be walking up the long garden to the gazebo. My brother in law is a professional pianist so is going to play Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana for my 'entrace'. It's really pretty and not as commonly used as some other classical pieces; I'll be walking in from the bit that starts at 1min 13 seconds in this recording https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xntNJn8gbX8

Beginner February 2015
    14215Bride ·
    • Hide content

Swbvr thank you!! I was looking around at music, so far I only have How long will I love you - Ellie goulding (but that's for our private first dance) and now im thinking of Des'ree - Kissing you, instrumental - to walk into (the song from the first time romeo and Juliet meet in the film by baz, it seriously gets me every time I watch it!) Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Minicupcake ·
    • Hide content

Hi, my H2B and I have chosen:

Prelude: Butterfly Waltz - Brian Crain.

Bride Entrance: I'm Kissing You - Des'ree (from Romeo & Juliet) it's beautiful.

However we don't know what to have as an exit song we want something upbeat and modern but don't know what to have.

x x

• mle123
    Beginner May 2014
    mle123 ·
    • Hide content

Not 100% decided yet but I would like kiss the rain by Yiruma for my entrance I think. Such a beautiful piece of music Smiley smile

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Ours was a civil ceremony at an approved venue, so not registry office, but same music options. We downloaded a bunch of vitamin string quartet covers of pop songs and I walked in to their cover of Peter Gabriel's In Your Eyes.

• J
    Beginner June 2014
    julieholloway67 ·
    • Hide content

I get married at a civil ceremony in June and our registrar has advised that we need 8 tracks! 3-4 for seating the guests, 1 for me to walk in to, 1-2 for the register signing plus 1 for us to exit to. I'm also a bit stuck as to what to choose but like the following so far:

Secret wedding (Braveheart) - hubby-to-be is a Scot who LOVES this movie!

It had to be you (Harry Connick Jnr)

Air on the G string (Bach)

You & me always (Wannadies)

Wedding march (Mendelssohn)

I would actually prefer music without lyrics but am stumped as to what else to go with! It's SO tough isn't it?! Like other posters, my OH is really helpful and doesn't mind at all.....!!!! :-)

• S
    Beginner April 2014
    Saskia1983 ·
    • Hide content

Hi this is my first post too. We are getting married in a registry office. As neither of us like classical or romantic music we have just picked songs we both liked which made it easier to decide on! Were having babies by pulp to walk in too, then having stereophonics, foo fighters and oasis through the signing and walking out. I know most people seem to pick songs about love, but neither of us are remotely romantic and just see it as our day to pick things we both like.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics